Re: [MPD-5D] suspicious character(s) - followup

  • gwensouth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26 4:39 PM

      Chief Groome,

      I see that a gun was found at the crime scene referenced below.  Will MPD do an investigative follow-up to ascertain past and present owners of the gun,  the history of this weapon and whether or not it has been used in prior crimes. What is the procedure for confiscated weapons.

      Thank you,

      Gwen Southerland

      In a message dated 9/30/2007 11:43:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, diane.groomes@... writes:

      Thank you ms henderson .  1d and 5d do work closely together esp on our benning rd boundary. On weekends we do joint patrolling.  Early this am there was triple shooting in 1700 blk of benning and officers did stop an assailant and recovered a gun just pending futher inv to close out

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26 5:08 PM

        Great question – I have cc’d our expert in this field from the Firearms Examination section who can explain the process to you

        Each day each gun recovered and bullets from crime scene are analyzed and compared – this section will report which guns have been used in multiple cases and which crimes can be related to the guns --  this is done at MPD but I would like Ms Wiggins explain it at her level for you all

        DIANE C GROOMES

        Assistant Chief of Police

        801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

        202 576-6660 office