RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar

  • Henderson, Kathy (EOM)
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
      I agree.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      elise Bernard
      Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 12:36 PM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar

      I think it might be helpful if the 5th district calendar could be updated a
      bit more frequently. This month it only reflects the occurance of one
      meeting. I know that everyone is interested in increasing community
      participation at psa meetings, but this is bit difficult if the only people
      who get notice of the meetings are people who are already on the mailing
      list because they signed-up at past psa meetings. Just a thought.

      Elise

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
        Ms. Henderson, would you be willing to be a moderator for the site to help post community announcements on the calendar?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
          I'll go into the Listserv and place reminders in the calendar section today. Until then, here is a list of police-sponsored meetings for the remainder of the month.

          April 2005 Meetings

          Saturday, April 16- PSA 504 (Lt. Anderson/Lt. White)
          Location- Joe Cole Rec Ctr, 1200 Morse St. NE, 10am

          Tuesday, April 19- PSA 502 (Lt. Hughes/Lt. Medoro)
          Location- Washington Center for the Aging, 2601 18th Street, NE, 730pm

          Thursday, April 21- PSA 501 (Lt. Donald Craig/Lt. Stroud)
          Location- St. Martin's Catholic Church, 1908 North Capitol St, NW, 7:00pm

          Thursday, April 28- Citizen Advisory Council Meeting, (Commander Greene/Art Slater, Chair)
          Location- Fifth District Police Station, Community Room, 7:00 pm

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
            Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
            automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
            year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
            help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

            Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
            please let me know.

            Yvonne Smith

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
            > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
            actually, my
            > comments seem to be true in both cases.
            > Elise
            >
            > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
            > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
            > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
            > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
            > >
            > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
            website
            > >calendar?
            > >
            > >________________________________

          • Toby Susse
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
              Message
              This is great Yvonne.  But even more important than the listserv calendar is the calendar on the MPD's website going through dc.gov.  That one is where most of the public would probably go and the April calendar shows only one meeting.

              The link I pasted above is where you go to when you are on the 5th District info page - http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,q,545954,mpdcNav_GID,1538.asp - and click on "District Calendar"

              If you could take care of that or pass on to whomever is responsible for it, hopefully that problem will get fixed.

              Toby
              Updates have been made to the listserv calendar.  You will
              automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
              year about these meetings.  Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
              help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

              Thank you.  Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
              please let me know.

              Yvonne Smith

              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
              > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
              actually, my
              > comments seem to be true in both cases.
              > Elise
              >
              > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
              > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
              > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
              > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
              > >
              > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
              website
              > >calendar?
              > >
              > >________________________________

            • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                Yes, I sent a reminder to the DC.GOV webmaster earlier today. The Commander ordered this to be done a while ago. I sent a copy of the PSA Calendar for the whole year to them at that time. Here is a copy of what I sent to the webmaster two months ago (see link below). In fact, the Truxton Cirlce webmaster posted it to their site the same day. Thank you for your feedback.
                http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/5D2005PSACalendar.pdf <http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/5D2005PSACalendar.pdf>

                ________________________________

                Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                please let me know.

                Yvonne Smith

                --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                actually, my
                > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                > Elise
                >
                > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                > >
                > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                website
                > >calendar?
                > >
                > >________________________________

              • elise Bernard
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                  Thanks for the quick response. I know you guys are busy.

                  Elise

                • Henderson, Kathy (EOM)
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 20, 2005
                    I did not exactly volunteer. I asked what was involved before I commit to
                    undertaking the requested task.

                    Sincerely,

                    Kathy Henderson

                    Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                    automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                    year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                    help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                    Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                    please let me know.

                    Yvonne Smith

                    --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                    > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                    actually, my
                    > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                    > Elise
                    >
                    > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                    > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                    > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                    > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                    > >
                    > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                    website
                    > >calendar?
                    > >
                    > >________________________________

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 20, 2005
                      It's okay, Ms. Henderson, we've taken care of the entire calendar for the year and setting the reminders.

                      Thanks Again

                      ________________________________

                      Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                      automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                      year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                      help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                      Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                      please let me know.

                      Yvonne Smith

                      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                      > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                      actually, my
                      > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                      > Elise
                      >
                      > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                      > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                      > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                      > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                      > >
                      > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                      website
                      > >calendar?

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • gwensouth@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 20, 2005
                        I have a problem opening the WinMail downloads from MPD.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I get a message that asks me what program to use to open it; I use the *browse* feature which simply takes me to a Microsoft page that's not very helpful. Any tips would be appreciated.

                        Gwen Southerland

                      • wrhuston47@aol.com