Robbery Hold-Up Gun & Arrests

  • Micciche, Christopher (MPD)
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27 1:16 PM

      Good Afternoon –

      This afternoon at approximately 3:15 PM, Fifth District units received a radio run regarding a robbery on the Metropolitan Branch Trail near R Street NE.  Patrol officers arrived quickly and located the complainant.

      The complainant reported that three subjects followed him from the 300 block of R Street NE onto the MBT.  Once on the Trail, one subject produced a gun and demanded the complainant’s property.  The complainant complied and the suspects fled west on R Street.  The officer on the scene broadcast a comprehensive look-out over the Fifth District radio zone.

      Minutes later, an officer canvassing the area noticed subjects matching the description.  The subjects were stopped, a positive identification made, a handgun recovered, and two arrests made.

      Outstanding and quick work by the patrol officers of 5D!

      Christopher J. Micciche, MCJ

      Acting Captain

      © 202-270-9655

      Fifth District

      Metropolitan Police Department

      1805 Bladensburg Road NE

      Washington, DC 20002

      Get involved! Give input on the draft Age-Friendly DC goals and objectives at community meetings in August and September.

    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27 1:18 PM
        Great job

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 27 1:21 PM
          Great job, MPD-5D!  Thank you for continuing to keep us safe on the MBT!

          Great job

          --
          Jamila

          "Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken." -- Oscar Wilde
        • elcsmail
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 27 1:28 PM
            Fantastic!!
            Thanks to our great MPD TEAM these people will learn to stay OFF our bike trail if they cannot behave themselves.
            Thank you all for keeping us safe.
            LD Lee

            Sent from my Cricket smart phone

            "'Micciche, Christopher (MPD)' christopher.micciche@... [MPD-5D]" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            >Good Afternoon -
            >

            >This afternoon at approximately 3:15 PM, Fifth District units received a radio run regarding a robbery on the Metropolitan Branch Trail near R Street NE. Patrol officers arrived quickly and located the complainant.
            >

            >The complainant reported that three subjects followed him from the 300 block of R Street NE onto the MBT. Once on the Trail, one subject produced a gun and demanded the complainant's property. The complainant complied and the suspects fled west on R Street. The officer on the scene broadcast a comprehensive look-out over the Fifth District radio zone.
            >

            >Minutes later, an officer canvassing the area noticed subjects matching the description. The subjects were stopped, a positive identification made, a handgun recovered, and two arrests made.
            >

            >Outstanding and quick work by the patrol officers of 5D!
            >

            >Christopher J. Micciche, MCJ
            >Acting Captain
            >(c) 202-270-9655
            >Fifth District
            >Metropolitan Police Department
            >1805 Bladensburg Road NE
            >
            >Washington, DC 20002
            >

            >Get involved! Give input<http://agefriendly.dc.gov/page/draft-age-friendly-dc-goals-and-objectives> on the draft Age-Friendly DC<http://agefriendly.dc.gov/> goals and objectives at community meetings in August and September.

          • Stephanie A. Robinson
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 27 1:48 PM
              Great work MPD-5.  You all are on your J-O-B!  Thank you for working deligently to keep our neighborhoods safe.

              Be careful out there all.

              Stephanie

              Stephanie

              "Ask questions; question answers."  - Unknown

              To: Christopher.Micciche@...; MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
              CC: dierdre.porter@...; cathy.lanier@...; Alfred.Durham@...; Gwendolyn.Crump@...
              From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:18:04 -0400
              Subject: [MPD-5D] RE: Robbery Hold-Up Gun & Arrests

              Great job

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 27 1:49 PM
                This is great news! Getting dangerous suspects off of our streets quickly makes everyone feel safe.

                Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
                khenderson029@...