5th Calendar

  • elise Bernard
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
      I think it might be helpful if the 5th district calendar could be updated a
      bit more frequently. This month it only reflects the occurance of one
      meeting. I know that everyone is interested in increasing community
      participation at psa meetings, but this is bit difficult if the only people
      who get notice of the meetings are people who are already on the mailing
      list because they signed-up at past psa meetings. Just a thought.

      Elise
    • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
        Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov website calendar?

        ________________________________

        I think it might be helpful if the 5th district calendar could be updated a
        bit more frequently. This month it only reflects the occurance of one
        meeting. I know that everyone is interested in increasing community
        participation at psa meetings, but this is bit difficult if the only people
        who get notice of the meetings are people who are already on the mailing
        list because they signed-up at past psa meetings. Just a thought.

        Elise

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • elise Bernard
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
          The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But actually, my
          comments seem to be true in both cases.
          Elise

          >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@...>
          >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
          >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
          >
          >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov website
          >calendar?
          >
          >________________________________

        • Henderson, Kathy (EOM)

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
              Ms. Henderson, would you be willing to be a moderator for the site to help post community announcements on the calendar?

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                I'll go into the Listserv and place reminders in the calendar section today. Until then, here is a list of police-sponsored meetings for the remainder of the month.

                April 2005 Meetings

                Saturday, April 16- PSA 504 (Lt. Anderson/Lt. White)
                Location- Joe Cole Rec Ctr, 1200 Morse St. NE, 10am

                Tuesday, April 19- PSA 502 (Lt. Hughes/Lt. Medoro)
                Location- Washington Center for the Aging, 2601 18th Street, NE, 730pm

                Thursday, April 21- PSA 501 (Lt. Donald Craig/Lt. Stroud)
                Location- St. Martin's Catholic Church, 1908 North Capitol St, NW, 7:00pm

                Thursday, April 28- Citizen Advisory Council Meeting, (Commander Greene/Art Slater, Chair)
                Location- Fifth District Police Station, Community Room, 7:00 pm

                ________________________________

                The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But actually, my
                comments seem to be true in both cases.
                Elise

                >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@...>
                >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                >
                >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov website
                >calendar?
                >
                >________________________________

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Yvonne Smith
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                  Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                  automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                  year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                  help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                  Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                  please let me know.

                  Yvonne Smith

                  --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                  > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                  actually, my
                  > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                  > Elise
                  >
                  > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                  > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                  > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                  > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                  > >
                  > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                  website
                  > >calendar?
                  > >
                  > >________________________________

                • Toby Susse
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                    Message
                    This is great Yvonne.  But even more important than the listserv calendar is the calendar on the MPD's website going through dc.gov.  That one is where most of the public would probably go and the April calendar shows only one meeting.

                    The link I pasted above is where you go to when you are on the 5th District info page - http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,q,545954,mpdcNav_GID,1538.asp - and click on "District Calendar"

                    If you could take care of that or pass on to whomever is responsible for it, hopefully that problem will get fixed.

                    Toby
                    Updates have been made to the listserv calendar.  You will
                    automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                    year about these meetings.  Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                    help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                    Thank you.  Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                    please let me know.

                    Yvonne Smith

                    --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                    > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                    actually, my
                    > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                    > Elise
                    >
                    > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                    > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                    > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                    > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                    > >
                    > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                    website
                    > >calendar?
                    > >
                    > >________________________________

                  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                      Yes, I sent a reminder to the DC.GOV webmaster earlier today. The Commander ordered this to be done a while ago. I sent a copy of the PSA Calendar for the whole year to them at that time. Here is a copy of what I sent to the webmaster two months ago (see link below). In fact, the Truxton Cirlce webmaster posted it to their site the same day. Thank you for your feedback.
                      http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/5D2005PSACalendar.pdf <http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/5D2005PSACalendar.pdf>

                      ________________________________

                      Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                      automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                      year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                      help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                      Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                      please let me know.

                      Yvonne Smith

                      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                      > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                      actually, my
                      > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                      > Elise
                      >
                      > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                      > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                      > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                      > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                      > >
                      > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                      website
                      > >calendar?
                      > >
                      > >________________________________

                    • elise Bernard
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                        Thanks for the quick response. I know you guys are busy.

                        Elise

                      • Henderson, Kathy (EOM)
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 20, 2005
                          I did not exactly volunteer. I asked what was involved before I commit to
                          undertaking the requested task.

                          Sincerely,

                          Kathy Henderson

                          Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                          automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                          year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                          help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                          Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                          please let me know.

                          Yvonne Smith

                          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                          > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                          actually, my
                          > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                          > Elise
                          >
                          > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                          > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                          > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                          > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                          > >
                          > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                          website
                          > >calendar?
                          > >
                          > >________________________________

                          Yahoo! Groups Links
                        • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 20, 2005
                            It's okay, Ms. Henderson, we've taken care of the entire calendar for the year and setting the reminders.

                            Thanks Again

                            ________________________________

                            Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                            automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                            year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                            help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                            Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                            please let me know.

                            Yvonne Smith

                            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                            > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                            actually, my
                            > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                            > Elise
                            >
                            > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                            > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                            > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                            > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                            > >
                            > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                            website
                            > >calendar?

                            Yahoo! Groups Links

                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                          • gwensouth@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 20, 2005
                              I have a problem opening the WinMail downloads from MPD.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I get a message that asks me what program to use to open it; I use the *browse* feature which simply takes me to a Microsoft page that's not very helpful. Any tips would be appreciated.

                              Gwen Southerland

                            • wrhuston47@aol.com