Witnessing chronic moving violations

  • dubdlux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2014

      What is the best way to pass on information about drivers/vehicles that are repeatedly witnessed running stop signs, etc.?

      At about 6:30 am the last several days there is a late model burgundy Toyota Camry (MD plates) travelling southbound on 22nd Street NE that consistently cruises through the stop sign at Randolph Street.  Yesterday when another vehicle stopped at the Randolph St. stop sign, the driver of the Camry simply drove around the stopped vehicle and continued on down 22nd.  I would imagine Randolph isn't the only stop sign this driver is ignoring.

      Thanks,

      Mark on Randolph

    • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2014

        Good Day Mark, we are currently experimenting with stop sign violations with photo enforcement.  We may be able to put this location on the list to eventually get photo enforcement at the stop sign, until then I will have my traffic officer enforce the violation.

        Lieutenant Corinne Hughes

        Metropolitan Police Department

        Fifth District

        Manager of PSA 503

        office (202) 698-0273

        cell (202) 615-6803

        DC Public Schools’ Beautification Day is on Saturday, August 23! Roll up your sleeves and help beautify our schools. Sign up to volunteer.