Victims of Crime Week/Criminal Justice Interns

  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 11 2:27 PM

      As the nation celebrates National Crime Victims' Rights Week, residents are reminded of the rights and services available to crime victims in DC.

      The policy of the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is to treat all victims/witnesses in a respectful, responsive, and compassionate manner that reflects the Department’s recognition of the trauma of victimization. A member’s interaction with the victim/witness of a crime shall not contribute additional harm. Toward that end, MPD members assist crime victims by providing them with information about their rights and available programs and services that can help them cope with physical injury, emotional trauma, and economic loss. Additional information about specialized programs and services are listed on our website.  Visit the link below:

      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      2) NON-PAYING INTERNSHIPS WITH THE METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT

      ATTN: Criminal Justice Students

      Internship with the Metropolitan Police Department, Washington, DC
      Violent Crime Case Review Project Intern Program

      Internship with the Metropolitan Police Department, Washington, DC
      School Security Division Intern Program

    • elise Bernard
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 15 9:36 AM
        I think it might be helpful if the 5th district calendar could be updated a
        bit more frequently. This month it only reflects the occurance of one
        meeting. I know that everyone is interested in increasing community
        participation at psa meetings, but this is bit difficult if the only people
        who get notice of the meetings are people who are already on the mailing
        list because they signed-up at past psa meetings. Just a thought.

        Elise
      • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 15 9:51 AM
          Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov website calendar?

          ________________________________

          I think it might be helpful if the 5th district calendar could be updated a
          bit more frequently. This month it only reflects the occurance of one
          meeting. I know that everyone is interested in increasing community
          participation at psa meetings, but this is bit difficult if the only people
          who get notice of the meetings are people who are already on the mailing
          list because they signed-up at past psa meetings. Just a thought.

          Elise

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • elise Bernard
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 15 9:59 AM
            The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But actually, my
            comments seem to be true in both cases.
            Elise

            >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@...>
            >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
            >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
            >
            >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov website
            >calendar?
            >
            >________________________________

          • Henderson, Kathy (EOM)
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 15 10:13 AM
              I agree.

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 15 10:17 AM
                Ms. Henderson, would you be willing to be a moderator for the site to help post community announcements on the calendar?

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 15 10:19 AM
                  I'll go into the Listserv and place reminders in the calendar section today. Until then, here is a list of police-sponsored meetings for the remainder of the month.

                  April 2005 Meetings

                  Saturday, April 16- PSA 504 (Lt. Anderson/Lt. White)
                  Location- Joe Cole Rec Ctr, 1200 Morse St. NE, 10am

                  Tuesday, April 19- PSA 502 (Lt. Hughes/Lt. Medoro)
                  Location- Washington Center for the Aging, 2601 18th Street, NE, 730pm

                  Thursday, April 21- PSA 501 (Lt. Donald Craig/Lt. Stroud)
                  Location- St. Martin's Catholic Church, 1908 North Capitol St, NW, 7:00pm

                  Thursday, April 28- Citizen Advisory Council Meeting, (Commander Greene/Art Slater, Chair)
                  Location- Fifth District Police Station, Community Room, 7:00 pm

                  ________________________________

                  The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But actually, my
                  comments seem to be true in both cases.
                  Elise

                  >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@...>
                  >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                  >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                  >
                  >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov website
                  >calendar?
                  >
                  >________________________________

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Yvonne Smith
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 15 11:33 AM
                    Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                    automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                    year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                    help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                    Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                    please let me know.

                    Yvonne Smith

                    --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                    > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                    actually, my
                    > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                    > Elise
                    >
                    > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                    > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                    > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                    > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                    > >
                    > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                    website
                    > >calendar?
                    > >
                    > >________________________________

                  • Toby Susse
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 15 12:42 PM
                      Message
                      This is great Yvonne.  But even more important than the listserv calendar is the calendar on the MPD's website going through dc.gov.  That one is where most of the public would probably go and the April calendar shows only one meeting.

                      The link I pasted above is where you go to when you are on the 5th District info page - http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,q,545954,mpdcNav_GID,1538.asp - and click on "District Calendar"

                      If you could take care of that or pass on to whomever is responsible for it, hopefully that problem will get fixed.

                      Toby
                      Updates have been made to the listserv calendar.  You will
                      automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                      year about these meetings.  Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                      help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                      Thank you.  Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                      please let me know.

                      Yvonne Smith

                      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                      > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                      actually, my
                      > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                      > Elise
                      >
                      > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                      > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                      > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                      > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                      > >
                      > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                      website
                      > >calendar?
                      > >
                      > >________________________________

                    • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 15 12:57 PM
                        Yes, I sent a reminder to the DC.GOV webmaster earlier today. The Commander ordered this to be done a while ago. I sent a copy of the PSA Calendar for the whole year to them at that time. Here is a copy of what I sent to the webmaster two months ago (see link below). In fact, the Truxton Cirlce webmaster posted it to their site the same day. Thank you for your feedback.
                        http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/5D2005PSACalendar.pdf <http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/5D2005PSACalendar.pdf>

                        ________________________________

                        Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                        automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                        year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                        help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                        Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                        please let me know.

                        Yvonne Smith

                        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                        > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                        actually, my
                        > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                        > Elise
                        >
                        > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                        > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                        > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                        > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                        > >
                        > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                        website
                        > >calendar?
                        > >
                        > >________________________________

                      • elise Bernard
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 15 1:31 PM
                          Thanks for the quick response. I know you guys are busy.

                          Elise

                        • Henderson, Kathy (EOM)
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 20 6:56 AM
                            I did not exactly volunteer. I asked what was involved before I commit to
                            undertaking the requested task.

                            Sincerely,

                            Kathy Henderson

                            Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                            automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                            year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                            help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                            Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                            please let me know.

                            Yvonne Smith

                            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                            > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                            actually, my
                            > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                            > Elise
                            >
                            > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                            > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                            > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                            > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                            > >
                            > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                            website
                            > >calendar?
                            > >
                            > >________________________________

                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                          • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 20 7:02 AM
                              It's okay, Ms. Henderson, we've taken care of the entire calendar for the year and setting the reminders.

                              Thanks Again

                              ________________________________

                              Updates have been made to the listserv calendar. You will
                              automatically receive reminders from Yahoo for the remainder of the
                              year about these meetings. Kathy Henderson has also volunteered to
                              help with this, in the event that meetings are postponed.

                              Thank you. Should you think of any other improvements to this site,
                              please let me know.

                              Yvonne Smith

                              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "elise Bernard" <inked78@h...> wrote:
                              > The MPD Website. I had not checked the listserve calendar. But
                              actually, my
                              > comments seem to be true in both cases.
                              > Elise
                              >
                              > >From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@d...>
                              > >To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                              > >Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] 5th Calendar
                              > >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:51:22 -0400
                              > >
                              > >Are you referring to the listserv calendar or the mpdc.dc.gov
                              website
                              > >calendar?

                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                              Yahoo! Groups Links
                            • gwensouth@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 20 6:31 PM
                                I have a problem opening the WinMail downloads from MPD.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I get a message that asks me what program to use to open it; I use the *browse* feature which simply takes me to a Microsoft page that's not very helpful. Any tips would be appreciated.

                                Gwen Southerland

                              • wrhuston47@aol.com