PSA 502 Burglary Arrest

  • commanderporter5d
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2014

      Earlier today, I received a call from a very vigilant and concerned citizen regarding burglaries occurring in the area of the 400 block of Evarts Street, NE.

      After our brief conversation, I spoke with the PSA official to ensure that the PSA officers were in the area and patrolling through the alleys as previously directed.

      Not 10 minutes later, MPD received a call for a burglary in progress in the same block.  Officers were on the scene within seconds and were able to make an apprehension!

      A special thanks to the "watchful" citizen and the responding 5D members.  Today's apprehension was clearly a "case study" for successful community and police collaboration.

      Commander Porter

      Fifth District

    • elcsmail
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2014
        Great work PSA502!
        Stay safe.
        Thanks.
        LD Lee

        Sent from my Cricket smart phone

        "dierdreporter@... [MPD-5D]" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        >Earlier today, I received a call from a very vigilant and concerned citizen regarding burglaries occurring in the area of the 400 block of Evarts Street, NE.
        >
        > After our brief conversation, I spoke with the PSA official to ensure that the PSA officers were in the area and patrolling through the alleys as previously directed.
        >
        > Not 10 minutes later, MPD received a call for a burglary in progress in the same block. Officers were on the scene within seconds and were able to make an apprehension!
        >
        > A special thanks to the "watchful" citizen and the responding 5D members. Today's apprehension was clearly a "case study" for successful community and police collaboration.
        >
        > Commander Porter
        > Fifth District
      • Porter, Dierdre (MPD)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2014

          Thank you Ms. Lee!

          Commander Porter

          DC Public Schools’ Beautification Day is on Saturday, August 23! Roll up your sleeves and help beautify our schools. Sign up to volunteer.

          >Earlier today, I received a call from a very vigilant and concerned citizen regarding burglaries occurring in the area of the 400 block of Evarts Street, NE.
          >
          > After our brief conversation, I spoke with the PSA official to ensure that the PSA officers were in the area and patrolling through the alleys as previously directed.
          >
          > Not 10 minutes later, MPD received a call for a burglary in progress in the same block. Officers were on the scene within seconds and were able to make an apprehension!
          >
          > A special thanks to the "watchful" citizen and the responding 5D members. Today's apprehension was clearly a "case study" for successful community and police collaboration.
          >
          > Commander Porter
          > Fifth District

        • Stephanie A. Robinson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 16, 2014
            Great news, and great MPD and community working together to keep our neighborhoods safe.

            Thank you all for rapid response and the good news.

            Stephanie

            Stephanie

            "Ask questions; question answers."  - Unknown

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 16, 2014
              This is great work, Commander Porter!  Well done, MPD 5D!

              --
              Jamila

              "Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken." -- Oscar Wilde