Summer Safety Tips

  • Christopher Dorsey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2014
      Good evening as we enter into the summer I am aware that some of the monthly meetings will be coming to a close. I just wanted to offer a few safety tips for you to pass along to your neighbors.

      Burglary

      1. Lock all door and windows before you leave your home, even the windows on the second floor and check them again before you retire for the night.
      2. Leave a porch light on at night it will help illuminate the area.
      3. Before going out of town inform a neighbor you trust and leave a set of keys and a contact number with them. Also come to the Fifth District and complete a special attention form.
      4. Do not leave ladders and other tools around they can be used to assist burglars.
      5. Keep a sharp look out for strangers entering your yard and your neighbor’s yard and be sure you call the police.

      Robberies

      1. Do not walk or run with ear buds or other devices that may limit your hearing.
      2. Place cellular phones, iPods and other
      valuables out of sight when walking.
      3. Carry bags and purses across your shoulder to safe guard them from being snatched.

      Theft from Autos

      1. Lock car doors.
      2. Do not leave valuables in your car.

      Sergeant Christopher Dorsey