Phase l 2014 AHOD

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2014

      Good day all,

      I want to thank the community for their support during last weekend’s Phase I of the 2014 All Hands on Deck (AHOD) which began at 3 pm Friday, June 27 and continued through 6 am on Sunday, June 29, 2014.

      So many residents walked with us and talked with us about what’s going on in our neighborhoods. The feedback we received for our efforts was encouraging.

      AHOD is about reducing violent crime.  During last weekend’s AHOD, violent crime was down 27 percent compared to the same weekend last year in June 2013.  Please see stats below.

      Community involvement is an important component in reducing crime and closing cases.  Together we are making an impact. We look forward to interacting with you even more.

      PRELIMINARY AHOD CRIME DATA

      OFFENSE

      2013

      2014

      # DIF

      % Ch

      HOMICIDE

      1

      3

      2

      200%

      SEX ABUSE

      1

      2

      1

      100%

      ROBBERY

      30

      19

      -11

      -37%

      ADW

      24

      17

      -7

      -29%

      VIOLENT

      56

      41

      -15

      -27%

      BURGLARY

      20

      8

      -12

      -60%

      STOLEN AUTO

      21

      17

      -4

      -19%

      THEFT

      88

      62

      -26

      -30%

      THEFT F/AUTO

      70

      54

      -16

      -23%

      ARSON

      0

      0

      0

      NC

      PROPERTY

      199

      141

      -58

      -29%

      TOTAL

      255

      182

      -73

      -29%

      Sincerely,

      Cathy L. Lanier

      Chief of Police

    • Kathy Henderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2014
        Thanks Chief,

        I am a huge fan of AHOD! The increased visibility is a very welcome sight not only in our immediate community, but throughout the city. I support increased police visibility and the statistics showing that AHOD boosts public safety.

        I encourage everyone to embrace the opportunity to walk with our police partners during AHOD. Citizens must be vigilant in paying attention to removing signs of neglect in our neighborhoods and ensuring that we ALWAYS secure our property. Residents and police working together truly underscores all hands on deck.

        Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 3, 2014, at 4:49 PM, "'Lanier, Cathy (MPD)' cathy.lanier@... [MPD-5D]" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

        HOMICIDE< o>

        1

        3

        2

        200%

        SEX ABUSE

        1

        2

        1

        100%

        ROBBERY

        30

        19

        -11

        -37%

        ADW

        24

        17

        -7

        -29%

        VIOLENT

        56

        41

        -15

        -27%

        BURGLARY

        20

        8

        -12

        -60%

        STOLEN AUTO

        21

        17

        -4

        -19%

        THEFT

        88

        62

        -26

        -30%

        THEFT F/AUTO

        70

        54

        -16

        -23%

        ARSON

        0

        0

        0

        NC

        PROPERTY

        199

        141

        -58

        -29%

        TOTAL

        255

        182

        -73

        -29%

        Sincerely,

        Cathy L. Lanier

        Chief of Police

      • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2014
          Thank you Commissioner Henderson.

          On Jul 4, 2014, at 8:51 AM, "Kathy Henderson khenderson029@... [MPD-5D]" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

          DC Public Schools’ Beautification Day is on Saturday, August 23! Roll up your sleeves and help beautify our schools. Sign up to volunteer.