7.1.14 MPD Announces Results of Phase I: All Hands on Deck 2014

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2014

      Contact: Gwendolyn Crump (202) 727-4383

      July 1, 2014

      MPD Announces Results of Phase I: All Hands on Deck 2014

      (Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department announced today the results of Phase I: All Hands on Deck (AHOD) which began at 3 pm Friday, June 27 and continued through 6 am on Sunday, June 29, 2014.

      “AHOD is about reducing violent crime,” said Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier. “We’ve made a substantial impact.”

      Violent crime was down 27 percent for this AHOD weekend compared to the same weekend last year in June 2013.

      Dates for AHODs are selected based on predictive analysis using past data to indicate when violence is likely to occur. Resources are deployed accordingly. Four additional AHODs are scheduled for 2014.

      During AHOD, all available sworn MPD personnel were on patrol throughout the District emphasizing community policing, focused law enforcement and community outreach. This included increased foot beats, detectives following up on cases, and recruits passing out specific crime related information. There is no overtime associated with AHOD.

      Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally anonymous information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.

    • jbizzzle27
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2014
        It was great to see MPD breaking up the nuisance parties on Perry Street and around the Taft Rec Center Saturday night before I had to call 911. It would be great to see this level of attention every weekend.