THANK YOU!!! RE: REMINDER: Sat, June 14 (10am): Youth/Young Adult Collaborative Outreach Program (YACCOP)

  • Steptoe, Carolyn C.(ANC 5B04)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2014
      Good morning Youth Advocate Participants:

      On behalf of the Youth/Young Adult Collaborative Outreach Program (YACCOP), we wish to GREATLY, GREATLY THANK ALL OF YOU for your participation in yesterday's YACCOP collaborative; over 25 strong!

      As we saw and heard yesterday (and during prior sessions), our next generation of leaders is already comprised of our brilliant, strong, powerful and insightful youth. Our youth possess talents, ideas, direction and maturity that our many partnerships are committed to strengthening.

      As Luke C. Moore's Ms. Henderson observed on behalf of our youth, we adults must set the behavioral bar that youth can positively emulate for themselves. We adults must remain conscious of our own image and how our own image and behaviors are viewed by our youth and young adults. I for one am committed to that challenge - to elevate, if not correct my own behavior and actions; no double standards.

      SHOUT OUT: YACCOP is pleased that our first year brought together our other new youth partnerships --Kaizen Life Skills, DC Unique Move, DC Teen Summit, JUMP and others. Thank you for joining together for one common cause: helping our youth and young adults.

      THE BEST SHOUT OUT GOES TO ALL THE YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS WHO PARTICIPATED - AND DESIRED TO PARTICIPATE - ON EACH 2ND SATURDAY.... Thank you! Thank you!

      Finally, as our groups and individuals continue our youth work during the summer, let's be sure to send invites to our list so we can support one another. Together, we can create a unified & strengthened platform for our youth and young adults. Our collective group efforts solidify the foundation to ensure a postive future for our youth, our community and ourselves.

      p.s. Unadulterated THANK YOU TO Guildfield Missionary Baptist Church (Pastor Sutton) , Luke C. Moore SHS (Principal Azalae Speight and Ms. Sheila Henderson), Commissioner Ursula Higgins (5B02).

      Please contact me anytime if you ever need me. Blessings!

      Very kind regards,

      Commissioner Carolyn C. Steptoe
      Single Member District 5B04
      Vice Chairperson, Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5B
      GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
      5B04@...
      (202) 321-3860/ANC cell
      (202) 636-8191/home
      (pardon typos, etc.)

      WHAT IS AN ANC?
      The Advisory Neighborhood Commissions (ANCs) are locally elected bodies which shall advise the Council of the District of Columbia, the Mayor and each executive agency, the Government of the District of Columbia, all independent agencies, boards and commissions with respect to all proposed matters of District of Columbia governmental policy including but not limited to decisions regarding planning, streets, recreation, social service programs, education, health, safety, and sanitation which affect the Commission area. In each of these areas, the intent of the ANC legislation is to ensure input from an advisory board that is made up of the residents of the neighborhoods that are directly affected by government action. The ANCs are the body of government with the closest official ties to the citizens in a neighborhood. Commissioners serve without compensation. See PL 93-198 and DCL 1-21, as amended.

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.