16th & Raum St NE

  • dc_20002_citizen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2005
      This corner is overrun by drug dealers who do not live in this
      neighborhood. Most of them seem to have grown up here but have long
      since moved to MD. They arrive early in the morning and do not leave
      until the late hours in the night (2-3 am).

      The police have done a great job since I have moved into the
      neightborhood however, most of the time, the police actions only seem
      to temporaily scatter them into the shadows.

      What is the 5th district's plan for this neighborhood and is there any
      way that there can be a more visible police presense? Can the police
      stop when there are 10-20 thugs on the corner smoking weed? Can they
      stop the open intimidation of real estate agents? Can we list cars and
      license plates / names of drug dealers?

      Thank you.
    • Rhonda.Redwood-Ray@usdoj.gov
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2005
        Is there a specific house that they use that we can try to focus on as a nuisance property?

        This corner is overrun by drug dealers who do not live in this
        neighborhood. Most of them seem to have grown up here but have long
        since moved to MD. They arrive early in the morning and do not leave
        until the late hours in the night (2-3 am).

        The police have done a great job since I have moved into the
        neightborhood however, most of the time, the police actions only seem
        to temporaily scatter them into the shadows.

        What is the 5th district's plan for this neighborhood and is there any
        way that there can be a more visible police presense? Can the police
        stop when there are 10-20 thugs on the corner smoking weed? Can they
        stop the open intimidation of real estate agents? Can we list cars and
        license plates / names of drug dealers?

        Thank you.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • dc_20002_citizen
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2005
          Yes. This is exactly what they do: They stand at 16th & Raum, but
          when a 'customer' wants to buy drugs, they walk down to the other
          end of 16th Street to 1280 16th Street.

          A couple of them hide their drugs behind 1241 16th Street in the
          small alley.

          And a few of them hide their's in the alley on 16th Street between
          Raum Street and Meiggs Place.

          Thank you for responding promptly to my question.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Rhonda.Redwood-Ray@u..."
          <rhonda.redwood-ray@u...> wrote:
          > Is there a specific house that they use that we can try to focus
          on as a nuisance property?

        • Burke, Patrick (MPD)
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2005
            Thanks for the information and the positive comments about our officers. I will forward this information to both our street crimes unit (which works in PSA 504) and our FM unit, in order to address the drug offenses.

            Captain Patrick A. Burke
            Fifth District, MPDC
            Buckle Up, Drive Safe and Make a Difference!

            Office: 202 727-4488
            Pager: 888 523-7099

            <rhonda.redwood-ray@u...> wrote:
            > Is there a specific house that they use that we can try to focus
            on as a nuisance property?

            Yahoo! Groups Links