14th Brookland House Tour

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2014
      This was a wonderful event that promotes civic engagement and enhances public safety. Brookland Garden Club founder Jeff Wilson and his partner Alvin Truesdale and a handful of their neighbors decided to host the first tour back in 2000; they charged five dollars and visited briefly with each other. They realized they started something special and continued. Fast forward fourteen years and the event is a welcome example of civic pride. Crowds of neighbors enjoyed the tour, food, fun, the live band and each other. The neighborhoods are stronger, cleaner and safer.

      Finally, I encourage all neighbors to take pride in your respective communities and highlight what's special about them. Everyone benefits from aesthetically pleasing and safer neighborhoods and all of us can have them if we work together.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      Chairperson, ANC 5D
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile