Firecrackers or Something Larger

  • big_kg_51
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2014
      For the last several nights and now a few minutes ago I've heard what sounds like someone setting off 1/4 sticks of dynamite. The one today even set off some car alarms and shook the house. It sounded like it came from either the 1300 block of Levis street or the1400 block of Staples street.
    • wendy_lewis2@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25, 2014

        LOL my kids thought I was crazy!!!
        I heard it

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

        Message 3 of 5 , May 25, 2014

          Thanks for the email.  For the past two weeks, cherry bombs have been set off in the Trinidad neighborhood, especially around Neal and Staples Streets, Northeast.  The cherry bombs are usually set off intermittently during the evening hours.  MPD officers have responded each time, as we must investigate in case the sounds heard are gunshots instead of fireworks.

          FYI, it is illegal in the District of Columbia to light most fireworks which “explode”.  If anyone has any information regarding the lighting of large, exploding fireworks, please don’t hesitate to contact us or call 911.

          Lieutenant Ramey Kyle

          Fifth District, PSA 501

          1805 Bladensburg Road, Northeast

          Washington, D.C. 20002

          202-698-0150 station

          202-698-0262 office

          ramey.kyle@...

          For the last several nights and now a few minutes ago I've heard what sounds like someone setting off 1/4 sticks of dynamite. The one today even set off some car alarms and shook the house. It sounded like it came from either the 1300 block of Levis street or the1400 block of Staples street.

        • Kenny Gamble

            --
            The Original Kenny G.
          • Porter, Dierdre (MPD)