Re: [MPD-5D] Drug activities at 1st and O Street NW

  • Mac Chatham
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 1, 2007
      Yes, there has indeed been an increase in blatant drug
      dealing of late. The unit block of N St. NE is filled
      with the same characters EVERY morning. It's
      especially unfortunate that they are allowed to deal
      so openly right on the same block as the methadone
      clinic, where addicts are supposedly going for help.

      We also have noticed more drug exchanges occuring in
      the alleyways that connect the unit blocks of N,
      Hanover and O streets. Clients meet their dealers and
      just walk around the corners into the back alleys to
      make the exchanges.

      I don't see any of this changing until we can get some
      officers on regular foot patrol in the neigborhood.
      The kids know it's rare an officer will actually get
      out of their patrol car, so they have little to be
      concerned about.

      --- tvehunt <tvehunt@...> wrote:

      > Good day all, at least I hope it will be for many
      > other days to come:
      >
      > Lately the drug boys are out here in multiple counts
      > again selling
      > their drugs from the corner of 1st and O Street NW
      > to in front of
      > 78 O Street NW where they always be hanging out in
      > front of from
      > morning, noon and through out the evening. It does
      > not matter if I
      > called the police or not because, the police are not
      > out patroling
      > the area heavy enough to be rid of these hoodlum
      > like they did in
      > the beginning not to long ago.
      >
      > Just when I thought things are starting to get
      > better around here it
      > seems to be going backwards by getting worse like
      > before. I geuss
      > it will take for someone to be shot at or to be
      > killed before the
      > police starts doing some heavy police patrolling out
      > here like you
      > all did every since Officer, Cathy Lanier has became
      > our new Police
      > Chief for the District of Columbia.
      >
      > So my question is what is going on? and what will it
      > take before
      > something is done about this!!! I would greatly
      > appreciate a
      > respone concerning the situation and what you all at
      > the MPD-5th
      > police district are going to do about all this!!!
      >

      > Thank you,
      >

      > From and a concern and FRUSTRATED tax paying
      > citizen, unlike these
      > criminal minded youngsters from around here!!!

    • tvehunt
      Message 42 of 42 , Oct 24, 2009
        Good evening Commander Greene and MPD-5D,

        Could you send the police to move the drug dealers off of First and O Street NW they are standing in front of house #80 O Street NW selling drugs now at this moment.

        Thank you for your quick response.