Enforcement

  • Brooklander13
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2014
      Can MPD please let us know when enforcement of Trucks/ commercial vehicles illegally driving down Franklin and 13 th finally be enforced? We have been waiting and waiting for action and nothing is being done. These trucks can easily take RI Ave but clearly are too lazy. Without enforcement and fines it will keep happening.

      Please advise.

      Elise 13

      Sent from my iPhone
    • dierdreporter
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2014

        Good Morning,

        The Fifth District has been conducting enforcement of vehicles driving illegally on Franklin Street, NE, as well as other areas in the Fifth District as staffing permits.

        Due to the numerous construction projects occurring within the District of Columbia and the streets and avenues of the Fifth District being a main thoroughfare into and out of the city, enforcement will have to be conducted periodically.

        I will have an officer address Franklin Street oversized truck violations again.

        Thanks and have a great day.