Hot Spots

  • Erin Heramb
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
      Area of concern:  Over 5 nonemergency calls from neighbors and myself, 1 emergency call for a fight between approximately 10 people, and 1 call to the Lt.= no response for the 2+ hours my neighbors and myself waited for police response for an area named a "Hot Spot" by the police.  There have been several emails on this listserv requesting the written Action Plan by the police regarding 2520 10th St. NE but there have not been any responses.  Again, what is the Action Plan for this area?
      Thank you,
      Erin
      10th

      Yahoo! Messenger
    • Burke, Patrick (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
        Thanks for the information Erin. When you have an opportunity, please give me a call so that I can get a more detailed account of these events and look into any delays. As much as you can provide specifics as to dates and times of any calls made and the Lt. you called would be of great help. I'll follow up with Sgt. Brown and Lt. Hughes as to the status of the action plan pertaining to this property.

        Captain Patrick A. Burke
        Fifth District, MPDC
        Buckle Up, Drive Safe and Make a Difference!

        Office: 202 727-4488
        Pager: 888 523-7099

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
          Captain Burke,

          It would be great if these concerns were addressed in this forum, not
          in a private phone call, as the responses are of interest to everyone
          on this listserve.

          I also called about the "party" last night in front of 2520 10th
          Street when I couldn't get passed the double-parked vehicles on both
          sides of 10th Street. There was an argument between some women on
          one side of the road and some man double parked on the other. My car
          was trapped in between for some time.

          My details:
          Call to 311 at 10 pm as soon as I got around the argument and parked
          my car.
          Party broke up around 11 pm.
          Patrol car arrived around 11:15/11:30 pm.
          Patrol car parked in the 2500 block of 10th, then moved up to Noyes
          parking lot around 11:30/11:45.

          Please consider communicating all details that aren't confidential on
          this listserve. Otherwise, I'm not sure why we are posting here at
          all.

          Thanks for your time and attention.
        • Burke, Patrick (MPD)

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • k_fw
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
              I do appreciate that you don't want information to get in the wrong
              hands. Thank you for saying so. I was wondering why no one was
              responding to my inquiries.

              If information won't be shared in this forum, I suppose I shall
              confine my questions and comments to the PSA meetings and leave this
              listserve for other business.

              Thank you,
              Kristen

              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Burke, Patrick \(MPD\)"