Fwd: ANC 5D03/5D05 Meeting

  • Porter, Dierdre (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2014

      From: Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...>
      Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:04:20 -0400 (EDT)
      Subject: ANC 5D03/5D05 Meeting

      ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5D03/5D05 and the FIFTH DISTRICT POLICE HEADQUARTERS

      COMMUNITY UPDATE

      Dear Neighbors:

      Please be advised that violent crime in our community is almost non-existent and this is certainly good news! Unfortunately, burglaries, break-ins, thefts from autos and daylight robberies are still a problem here; particularly on Lyman Place. Please join us for an outdoor community meeting on April 24, 2014, at 6:30 -8:00 p.m. Meet Fifth District Commander Deirdre Porter, Captain Andre Wright and the team and find out what MPD is doing to make our community safer.  We will discuss what we need to do to make our community stronger, cleaner, more livable and more peaceful, including signing petitions for residential parking. We will also discuss where we are headed as a community and how the recent election will shape our neighborhood.
      The meeting will be held on the corner of 18th and L Streets., NE, under the MPD tent.
      We also have a major announcement to make.

      Commissioner India Henderson, 5D03 and Commissioner Kathy Henderson 5D05: (202) 386-8325

      Kathy Henderson
      khenderson029@...
    • khenderson029
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2014
        Dear Commander Porter:

        We greatly appreciate your participation in our community meeting today. Our neighbors enjoyed meeting you, Captain Wright, Lt Pemberton and the rest of your team. Today's meeting reinforces effective collaboration between Fifth District personnel and community members.
        The weather was nice, your team arrived on-time to set up the tent and chairs and everyone appreciated your comments regarding your expectations for your staff and what needs to happen to decrease our crime rate even further.

        We are really looking forward to working with you and your energetic and committed team. We left the meeting feeling hopeful regarding our public safety and the direction in which our community is headed. We have come such a long way; however, the best is yet to come. Thank you again.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        From: "Porter, Dierdre (MPD)" <dierdre.porter@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:20:51 -0400
        To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [MPD-5D] Fwd: ANC 5D03/5D05 Meeting

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2014
          Commissioner Henderson,

          I can assure you that it was our pleasure to participate.

          I too look forward to our continued collaboration,
          as we all work towards making our communities safer.

          Be safe and thank you for your service to the community.

          Commander Dierdre N. Porter
          Fifth District
          1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
          Washington, DC 20002
          202-698-0111

          From: "Porter, Dierdre (MPD)" <dierdre.porter@...>
          Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:20:51 -0400

          From: Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...>
          Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:04:20 -0400 (EDT)

[...]

          April is National Financial Capability Month!

          Evaluate your financial well-being with a free personal financial health assessment provided by the D.C. Dept. of Insurance, Securities and Banking.

          DISB.DC.gov