The Re-Assignment of Commander Jennifer Greene

  • sunday_morninggirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      Normally when I post on the listserv, I go under another name because of
      the sensitivity of what I am talking about but not this, I must be me!

      You could have not found anyone as fair, honest and committed as
      Commander Greene. She has been an inspiration to me as a woman, but
      also to the officers that served under her. Yes you may have heard one
      or two say a few bad things about the Commander, but that was because
      she was making them accountable for their actions.

      For the year that I was the Coordinator of the Ward 5 Core Team, I had
      nothing but respect and cooperation from the Commander and her staff,
      and she would not have had it any other way. If I suggested we needed
      to take a certain approach, she would instruct her Captains, Lieutenants
      and officers to work diligently with the plan we had put in place. There
      are many recorded success stories regarding the actions we took.

      Commander Greene was one of the few Commanders that would actually
      attend the Core Team meetings and get into the problem solving process.
      When conducting at that time Operation Fight Backs, you could look up
      and see the Commander interacting with the residents and the other
      agency and that made a difference to all because she never once put
      herself on a petal stool above any of us.

      I remember once she said she was going to give me an honorary badge
      because I would not hesitate to jump in with her officers and make sure
      the problem was taken care of. I only felt I could have done that
      because I knew what she told her team to do when I was in the field, and
      trust me, they had my back.

      Commander Greene, they in no way can replace you! They in no way can
      find anyone more dedicated to Ward 5 than you have been over the years.
      We can look at this as a step moving up the ladder to bigger and better
      things which I choose to do.

      My respect for you as a leader can not be put into words because you
      stood beside and behind me 100% in all the Core Team and I did in making
      Ward 5 a safer place to live in.

      Everyone will not agree with my statement but who cares, there are more
      that will miss you than those that can only say negative things about
      you. Hold on to us that will miss you.

      Just remember this, "When I grow up, I want to be just like you"

      God Bless you and your entire family.