Abolishment of the Regional Operations Command (ROC) Operations

  • jordan1bk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      Dear 5D list serv

      I would like to take this time to thank the 5D Community for all of the
      support that you have given to ROC Central and the Fifth District. As
      a result of the MPD Realignment all three ROC's are being abolished and
      the formation of the Patrol Services Bureau will be the executive
      oversight for all of the patrol districts. Former First District
      Commander Diane Groomes will be the new Assistant Chief of Police for
      the Patrol Services Bureau, with oversight of the Fifth District.

      A familiar face to all of you, Captain Melvin Scott was promoted to
      Commander, where he will serve as the Executice Officer for Chief
      Groomes. In addition, your new District Commander, Lamar Greene also
      has ties to ROC Central, so your community will continue to be in good
      hands.

      I would like to personally thank the entire Fifth District community
      for more than six years of support and partnership in making the Fifth
      District one of the best places to live and work in the District of
      Columbia. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to work with all
      of you and I think the community is getting safer everyday.

      Brian K. Jordan
      Assistant Chief of Police
      Regional Operations Command Central