3.14.14 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
Contact: Saray Leon 202-727-4383
March 14, 2014
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Listed below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
· Thursday, March 13, 2014, at approximately 11:44 am, a complainant reported that while in an establishment located in the 3500 block of Georgia Avenue, NW, she was approached by a suspect who assaulted her and attempted to take property from the establishment. An adult male was arrested for Attempt to Commit Robbery of an Establishment.
· Wednesday, March 12, 2014, at approximately 4:29 pm, a complainant reported that while in the 1700 block of Corcoran Street, NE, she was approached by a suspect who assaulted her and attempted to take her property. An adult male was arrested for Assault with Intent to Commit Robbery.
· Monday, March 10, 2014, at approximately 2:50 pm, a complainant reported that while in an establishment located in the 1300 block of Good Hope Road, SE, a suspect entered the location armed with a handgun and announced a robbery. An adult male was arrested for Robbery of an Establishment (Gun).
· Monday, March 10, 2014, at approximately 5:15 pm, a complainant reported that while in the 2600 block of Douglass Road, SE, she was approached by three suspects when one of the suspects snatched her cellphone. All three suspects then fled. One juvenile female was arrested for Robbery (Snatch). There is an active lookout for the other two suspects described as black females.
· Thursday, March 13, 2014, at approximately 6:40 pm, a complainant reported that while in the 100 block of Galveston Street, SW, he was approached by three suspects who assaulted him and attempted to take his property. Three juvenile males were arrested for Assault with Intent to Commit Robbery.
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.
Have questions about your new Supercan, trash can or larger recycling bin? Check out this helpful FAQ from the Department of Public Works.