Otis Street NE

  • steppingdoll
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2014
      A special thank you to the PSA-504 police officer that is patrolling on Otis St NE near the Taft Recreational Park. We appreciate your presence in the neighborhood, especially by this park.
    • carol fleming
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2014
        I want to express my thanks too. After residing on this block for 27 years, I can't believe how quiet this area has gotten at night after the Taft Park closes.

        Carol, 18th & Otis

        On Monday, March 10, 2014 9:28 PM, "steppingdoll@..." <steppingdoll@...> wrote:

        A special thank you to the PSA-504 police officer that is patrolling on Otis St NE near the Taft Recreational Park. We appreciate your presence in the neighborhood, especially by this park.

      • Gerty
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10, 2014
          Here's a third shout out to MPD 5D for being on Otis Street this evening. I drive by sometimes on my way home and take note of the loitering at the park. Of course, there's a very limited group when it's cold outside. But on this beautiful evening, I noticed the officer's car parked next to the basketball courts. Thanks MPD 5D for also taking note of the warmer weather and staying on top of monitoring our streets!

          Gerty
          20th street

          On Mar 10, 2014, at 9:34 PM, carol fleming <ward5cfleming@...> wrote:

          I want to express my thanks too. After residing on this block for 27 years, I can't believe how quiet this area has gotten at night after the Taft Park closes.

          Carol, 18th & Otis

          On Monday, March 10, 2014 9:28 PM, "steppingdoll@..." <steppingdoll@...> wrote:

          A special thank you to the PSA-504 police officer that is patrolling on Otis St NE near the Taft Recreational Park. We appreciate your presence in the neighborhood, especially by this park.

        • Durand, Gary (MPD)
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 11, 2014
            I want to take a minute and say thanks.  My name is Gary Durand and I was assigned to PSA 504.  While being new to PSA 504 I have 24 years of service on MPD.  I am also fortunate to be given a well run PSA from Lieutenant Ed Bernat.  It is good to hear when we are doing things right and it is your support that helps us to accomplish our mission

            Thanks
            Gary Durand
            Lieutenant
            1805 Bladensburg Road NE
            Washington DC 20002
            202-489-4181

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2014
              I have also noticed an increase in police presence at Taft and very much appreciate it.

              I would like to point out though, that the Perry Street side, especially near 18th Street, is frequently the location of loud noise and partying -- especially on warmer days. I would very much appreciate additional attention to that side of the park. If it is above 60 degrees out and a Friday or Saturday at 11pm, there is great chance that there is a party in the street on Perry Street -- it would be great to have a regular patrol around these times so I don't have to call 911 every weekend.

              Additionally, Cmdr. Solberg last year on this listserve indicated that 5D wanted to put a camera by 18th & Perry. I think this would be a great idea and would strongly encourage 5D to do so.

              Thanks
            • steppingdoll
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2014
                I agree with all of your points neighbor. As much as I'm ready for spring to arrive, I know with that comes individuals who decide to hang out during the late hours of the night. Most of the individuals who hang out on the Perry St side do not live in the neighborhood. I did notice an officer was positioned there tonight and I appreciate his/her presence. If this could continue as temperatures get warmer that would be great (and a camera would be even better!)As always thx MPD-5D for all that you do.