District Government Closed Tomorrow; Mayor Gray's 2014 State of the District Address Postponed until March 11 [1 Attachment]
- District Government Closed Tomorrow; Mayor Gray's 2014 State of the District Address Postponed until March 11
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Executive Office of the Mayor
Office of Communications
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Sunday, March 2, 2014
CONTACT: Doxie McCoy 202.727.9691; doxie.mccoy@...
Rob Marus 202.727.6853; robert.marus@...
UPDATE: District Government Closed Tomorrow; Mayor Gray’s 2014 State of the District Address Postponed until March 11
Snow Emergency in Effect Beginning at 7:00 a.m. Tomorrow
WHAT/WHO: Due to dangerous winter weather that is expected to affect the District starting tonight, Mayor Vincent C. Gray has closed the District government on Monday, March 3 and will postpone his delivery of the 2014 State of the District Address until Tuesday, March 11.
WHEN: 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
WHERE: Kelly Miller Middle School
301 49th Street NE
(Metro: Benning Road Station)
BACKGROUND: With dangerous winter weather expected to begin affecting the area tonight and to continue through much of the day tomorrow, Mayor Gray has closed the District government for Monday. He has also postponed delivery of his 2014 State of the District Address, which had been scheduled for tomorrow night.
Under the leadership of 2013 D.C. Public Schools (DCPS) Principal of the Year Abdullah Zaki, student achievement, enrollment and the culture and climate of Kelly Miller Middle School have dramatically improved. Students’ proficiency rates at the school have jumped up by double digits, and truancy and suspension rates have decreased significantly. Kelly Miller is an example of the tremendous gains that are being made by DCPS students at schools across the city.
MEDIA LOGISTICS: Set-up for Live Shots:
· Mult box available for video and audio program feed (limited to 10), on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Program feed will be available from the Office of Cable Television (OCT) truck.
· Feed will be available starting at 6:00 p.m.
Print, Radio, Other TV:
· Copies of Mayor Gray’s 2014 State of the District speech will be available for media at the press table in the entry foyer.
· A limited number of seats will be reserved for reporters.
· There is no designated general press parking. There will be space available for live trucks on a first-come, first-served basis.
# # #
Follow Mayor Gray on Facebook and Twitter!.
Which school will your child call My School? For this coming school year (2014–15), DCPS and participating DC public charter schools will have a single application and lottery. Learn more and apply now at www.MySchoolDC.org. March 3 is the deadline to apply for PK3 through 8th grade. More info about applying for grades 9-12 here.