Re: [Brookland] Pot smoking near the new Turkey Thicket Playground

  • Concerned Citizen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2014
      They smoked weed there before the new playground what makes you think there leaving now that it's nice there expect more weed smokers.

      On Feb 5, 2014, at 11:24 AM, Michelle Sauve <michelle_sauve@...> wrote:

      I am not against decriminalization of small amounts, but from what I understand it will still be illegal to smoke pot in public. We are talking about activities happening immediately next to a playground.  Also as I understand it, open containers are also illegal, and can be ticketed as well.

      If we let these things slide, it will only happen more frequently.  I would be inclined to call police if I witness either at our playground or near by.

      CC: MPD-5d@yahoogroups.com; Brookland@yahoogroups.com
      To: mjhutson_99@...
      From: PRAISETVG@...
      Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 10:41:04 -0500
      Subject: Re: [Brookland] Pot smoking near the new Turkey Thicket Playground

      No jurisdiction can effectively  monitor its social infractions. Not in the way we might like.  They are stretched to address the threatening crimes that are on the books. Decriminalizing some preexisting offenses has had to happen due to the sheer lack of manpower.

      A group of us spent time and other resources in an attempt to  regulate the proliferation of ABC licenses on 12rh  street because children leaving school should not have to navigate through the people congregating around the liquor stores or under the influence. The result of that effort is obvious.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 5, 2014, at 8:45 AM, Matthew Hutson <mjhutson_99@...> wrote:

      I was at the new turkey thicket playground this weekend and smelled pot coming from pavilion.  Is this something the police can monitor?  Would it help if we called MPD when we observed it?

      Thanks