5D Shots Fired on 1/30/2014 at approximately 9:30 PM 3300 block of 22nd Street NE

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2014
      5D Destruction of Property on 1/30/2014 at approximately 9:30 PM in the 3300 block of 22nd Street NE

      Mr. Nolan Treadway requested information concerning what he described as a drive by shooting that occurred on January 30, 2014 at approximately 9:30 PM in the 3300 block of 22nd Street NE.  This was not a drive by shooting but a deliberate act to damage the vehicle of a resident.

      In this case, a subject(s) fired rounds directly into a parked and unoccupied vehicle in the 3300 block of 22nd Street NE.  There was no indication that these shots were fired at any person(s) or into any occupied dwelling.  No injuries were reported.  No collateral damage was reported as well.

      We have examined and collected evidence involving these acts, interviewed the vehicles owner and we are actively working to solve this destruction of property.

      Mark Beach
      Assistant Patrol District Commander

      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 BeachBerry
      202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      "Commitment to Excellence"

      Look out for the homeless this winter. When the actual or forecasted temperature or wind chill is 32 degrees F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. To request support for persons who are homeless and on the street now, contact the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311 or email uposh@....

    • Brody Dittemore
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2014

        To clarify a point, can you please provide the following information:
        We're the shots fired from another vehicle?
        Does the owner of the vehicle reside at any other the properties adjacent to where the shooting occurred?

        Brody

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2014
          Brody, based upon that the fact their is a very active investigation underway, I cannot share any more details at this time.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2014
            Thank you for the response and for the information.

            And thanks for correcting my imprecise language. From what I've learned from neighbors, you're correct that a parked, empty car was shot several times and so it might not be a 'drive by,' per se.

            Thanks again to you and all of MPD for keeping us safe!

            --Nolan