Re: [MPD-5D] Digest Number 2859

  • Amy Kovac
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2014
      Can you provide more information on this? Was it a domestic case? Random on the street? Etc.?

      PSA: 507
      CCN: 14012076
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 18:00
      OFFENSE: Sex Abuse
      METHOD: First Degree Sex Abuse - Force
      BLOCK: 2100 - 2199 BLOCK OF D STREET NE
      LOCATION: Residence/Home
      START DT: 01/25/2014 18:00
      END DT: 01/25/2014 18:00

      On Monday, January 27, 2014 3:39 AM, "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Metropolitan Police-Washington, DC- 5D

      5 New Messages

      Digest #2859

      Messages

      Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:16 am (PST) . Posted by:

      PSA: 501
      CCN: 14012120
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 20:24
      OFFENSE: Robbery
      METHOD: Robbery -- Force & Violence
      BLOCK: 200 - 299 BLOCK OF ELM STREET NW
      LOCATION: Park Area
      START DT: 01/25/2014 18:40
      END DT: 01/25/2014 18:45
      PSA: 503
      CCN: 14011764
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 01:37
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 1
      BLOCK: 2200 - 2399 BLOCK OF RHODE ISLAND AVENUE NE
      LOCATION: Highway/Road/ Alley/Street
      START DT: 01/25/2014 01:37
      END DT: 01/25/2014 01:37
      PSA: 503
      CCN: 14011770
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 02:01
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK: 2200 - 2399 BLOCK OF RHODE ISLAND AVENUE NE
      LOCATION: Highway/Road/ Alley/Street
      START DT: 01/25/2014 02:01
      END DT: 01/25/2014 02:01
      PSA: 503
      CCN: 14011977
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 13:56
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 1
      BLOCK: 2240 - 2399 BLOCK OF SOUTH DAKOTA AVENUE NE
      LOCATION: Service/Gas Station
      START DT: 01/25/2014 13:56
      END DT: 01/25/2014 13:56
      PSA: 504
      CCN: 14011845
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 08:00
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft 2 F/Auto: Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories
      BLOCK: 1200 - 1299 BLOCK OF RANDOLPH STREET NE
      LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
      START DT: 01/25/2014 06:00
      END DT: 01/25/2014 08:00
      PSA: 504
      CCN: 14011951
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 13:11
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK: 1200 - 1299 BLOCK OF RANDOLPH STREET NE
      LOCATION: Highway/Road/ Alley/Street
      START DT: 01/24/2014 17:30
      END DT: 01/25/2014 11:00
      PSA: 504
      CCN: 14012162
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 21:30
      OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
      METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
      BLOCK: 1800 - 1999 BLOCK OF OTIS STREET NE
      LOCATION: Highway/Road/ Alley/Street
      START DT: 01/25/2014 12:00
      END DT: 01/25/2014 20:00
      PSA: 506
      CCN: 14012000
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 15:20
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK: 401 - 698 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
      LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
      START DT: 01/25/2014 13:30
      END DT: 01/25/2014 15:15
      PSA: 506
      CCN: 14012024
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 16:15
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK: 1300 - 1399 BLOCK OF 5TH STREET NE
      LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
      START DT: 01/25/2014 12:30
      END DT: 01/25/2014 16:10
      PSA: 507
      CCN: 14011995
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 15:30
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK: 1600 - 1699 BLOCK OF BENNING ROAD NE
      LOCATION: Other
      START DT: 01/25/2014 14:40
      END DT: 01/25/2014 15:01
      PSA: 507
      CCN: 14012061
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 21:00
      OFFENSE: Theft/Other
      METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
      BLOCK: 1800 - 1869 BLOCK OF BENNING ROAD NE
      LOCATION: Grocery/Supermarket
      START DT: 01/25/2014 17:15
      END DT: 01/25/2014 17:20
      PSA: 507
      CCN: 14012076
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 18:00
      OFFENSE: Sex Abuse
      METHOD: First Degree Sex Abuse - Force
      BLOCK: 2100 - 2199 BLOCK OF D STREET NE
      LOCATION: Residence/Home
      START DT: 01/25/2014 18:00
      END DT: 01/25/2014 18:00
      PSA: 507
      CCN: 14012172
      RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 20:53
      OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
      METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
      BLOCK: 800 - 899 BLOCK OF 21ST STREET NE
      LOCATION: Highway/Road/ Alley/Street
      START DT: 01/25/2014 20:50
      END DT: 01/25/2014 20:52

      KEY:

      OFFENSE - Crime Classification.

      BLOCK - Block where the crime occurred.

      START DT - Earliest datetime the incident could have occurred.

      END DT - Latest datetime the incident could have occurred.

      ADW - Assault With A Deadly Weapon

      F&V - Force and Violence

      PBS - Pocketbook Snatch

      P/P - Pickpocket

      Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:54 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      steppingdoll

      Greetings MPD-5D Can you provide more info on the following? ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- - PSA: 504 CCN: 14012162 RPT DATE: 01/25/2014 21:30 OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle BLOCK: 1800 - 1999 BLOCK OF OTIS STREET NE LOCATION: Highway/Road/ Alley/Street

      Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:52 am (PST) . Posted by:

      "Press, MPD (MPD)"

      Contact: Officer Paul Metcalf (202-727-4383)

      January 26, 2014

      Arrest Made in Multiple Burglaries
      Recovery of Margo the Dog

      (Washington, DC) - The Metropolitan Police Department has announced that a significant arrest has been made in recent burglaries which occurred throughout December 2013 and January 2014 in Washington, DC.

      On Saturday, January 25, 2014 Detectives of the Metropolitan Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division received a tip which led to the recovery of Margo the dog, who was unharmed, in good health, and returned to her owner. In addition to the recovery of Margo was the arrest of 19-year-old Reshawn Devonta Peay of Northeast charging him with multiple burglaries which occurred throughout Northeast, Washington, DC, including the burglary where Margo the dog was taken.

      Reshawn Peay was charged with Burglary in the Second Degree for the offenses on the following days and locations:

      * Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 1500 block of Benning Road Northeast
      * Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 1500 block of Benning Road Northeast
      * Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 700 block of 16TH Street Northeast
      * Saturday, December 28, 2013, 700 block of 16TH Street Northeast
      * Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 1600 block of Kramer Street Northeast
      * Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 700 block of 16TH Street Northeast
      * Sunday, January 19, 2014, 600 block of 16TH Street Northeast
      * Thursday, January 23, 2014, 1500 block of D Street Northeast (Margo)

      The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the suspects’ involvement in other similar offenses. Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.

      Look out for the homeless this winter. When the actual or forecasted temperature or wind chill is 32°F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. To request support for DC residents who are homeless and on the street now, contact the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311 or email uposh@...<mailto:uposh@...>.

      Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:55 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Gigi Ransom" gigifor5c12

      Since I moved here the end of last year, this is a problem that I’ve also notice.  There is an even more dangerous situation during the morning rush hour when cars waiting to turn right onto 1stNW from the CAPS school parking lot on the ‘O’ street side, block the intersection, causing cars waiting to turn left from off of ‘O’ St become impatient and also enter the intersection adding to the backup due to the Stop Sign at 1st& N Sts NW.  Many times, the cars from CAPS enter the intersection even though there is no space for their cars not to block the intersection.  Additional problem is when the solid waste haulers shortcut through unit blk ‘O’ St to 1ststreet and try to turn onto 1stSt with cars parked on the Dunbar side of the street.  Don’t think this is part of the planned route they should be following.

      A solution to this problem would be for the ‘O’ St entrance/exit be closed off during the morning rush hour, having cars leave out of the P St entrance/exit, thereby reducing the congestion at 1st& ‘O’ St NW.

      There is already a strain on MPD having to come into the unit block ‘O’ St NW to assure the clients of SOME don’t hang around during their breakfast hours, so asking that a patrol car be stationed at 1st& ‘O†St NW during rush hour would be an added burden on MPD.  CAPS locking this gate is a viable, and reasonable solution.
      Albrette "Gigi" Ransom

      >________ _________ _________ ______

      Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:02 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)"

      We are aware of this issue and are taking steps to address the problem.

      Andy Solberg

      Sent from my iPhone

[...]

      Look out for the homeless this winter. When the actual or forecasted temperature or wind chill is 32 degrees F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. To request support for persons who are homeless and on the street now, contact the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311 or email uposh@...<mailto:uposh@...>.

      GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE
      Policing for Prevention

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2014
        Metropolitan Police-Washington, DC- 5D

        This case occurred in August of 2013 but was not reported to us until January 25.  It involved two people who knew each other.

        Andy Solberg

        Commander, 5D

        The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

        GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE