per Commander Solberg: Incident 1200 Block Kearny

  • Steptoe, Carolyn C.(ANC 5B04)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2014
      per 5D MPD Commander Solberg

      "...during what appears to have been a robbery attempt by three men, the victim fled and a witness later saw one of the suspects pull a gun. The witness heard a gunshot and there are no injuries."

      Very kind regards,

      Commissioner Carolyn C. Steptoe
      Single Member District 5B04
      Vice Chairperson, Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5B
      GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
      5B04@...
      (202) 321-3860/ANC cell
      (202) 636-8191/home
      (pardon typos, etc.)

      WHAT IS AN ANC?
      The Advisory Neighborhood Commissions (ANCs) are locally elected bodies which shall advise the Council of the District of Columbia, the Mayor and each executive agency, the Government of the District of Columbia, all independent agencies, boards and commissions with respect to all proposed matters of District of Columbia governmental policy including but not limited to decisions regarding planning, streets, recreation, social service programs, education, health, safety, and sanitation which affect the Commission area. In each of these areas, the intent of the ANC legislation is to ensure input from an advisory board that is made up of the residents of the neighborhoods that are directly affected by government action. The ANCs are the body of government with the closest official ties to the citizens in a neighborhood. Commissioners serve without compensation. See PL 93-198 and DCL 1-21, as amended.

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

      Look out for those in need this winter. When the temperature or wind chill is 32?F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. For assistance during an Alert: call the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311. Or, send an email to the Shelter Hotline (uposh@...).