mini bikes

  • Amanda Pike
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
      As the weather gets nicer, I've already noticed more mini bikes out on the
      streets. Are we supposed to call 311 when we see them? Last year I almost
      ran one over when they blew through a stop sign. They are illegal right?
    • isearched
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
        Hi all,

        Mini bikers are using the field of John Burroughs School (JBS) on
        Monroe Street NE. I saw saw one teenager on his bike riding on the
        grassy field of JBS, then proceeding up the incline of the parking
        embankment at the school. It looked like he was trying to imitate Evil
        Knievel!

        Also, I'm seeing kids on motorized scooters using busy streets to ride
        in. Are either of these activities legal? And, what can be done to
        prevent them from happening? I did contact JBS, but the receptionist
        didn't seem too responsive.

        -- Tim Greene