Holiday Tree/Greenery Collection

  • Twine, Kevin (DPW)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2014

      Holiday Tree/Greenery Collection

      DPW is continuing to collect holiday trees and greenery for the next two weeks from the curb as well as residents’ trash and recycling points of collection.  These items will be taken to the transfer stations where we will separate out the trees for composting.  Since December 29, when these collections were to begin, we have had several snow/ice events, which required the leaf collections drivers to switch over to snow removal operations.

      Thank you for your patience!

      Kevin B. Twine

      Staff Assistant

      Office Of The Director

      Department of Public Works

      2000 14th Street, NW

      6th Floor

      Washington, DC 20009

      Phone: 202-671-2593

      DPW Main: 202-673-6833

      Fax: 202-671-0642

      Kevin.Twine@...

      www.dpw.dc.gov

      Visit us on Facebook!

      Follow us on Twitter

      Look out for those in need this winter. When the temperature or wind chill is 32°F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. For assistance during an Alert: call the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311. Or, send an email to the Shelter Hotline (uposh@...).