Back to school safety tips

  • Susie Cambria
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 3:20 PM
      DC ACT just released tips designed to keep kids safe as they head back to
      school in another couple of days. There are three distinct audiences for
      these tips - children and youth themselves, parents and teachers/other
      adults who work with kids. These tips are gleaned from those developed by
      medical and law enforcement professionals and advocates.

      The tips are on-line at www.dckids.org <http://www.dckids.org/> - check in
      THE LATEST for the three one-pagers.

      And a big "thank you" to the office of Councilmember Harry "Tommy" Thomas,
      Jr. for suggesting we pull these together!

      Should you have any questions, please contact Kirtana Kalavapudi at
      kkalavapudi@... or 234-9404.

      Susie Cambria, MSW

      Interim Executive Director

      DC Action for Children

      1616 P St NW, Suite 420

      Washington, DC 20036

      T. 202-234-9404

      F. 202-234-9108

      E.
      <blocked::DEFANGED_javascript:top.opencompose('scambria@...','','',''
      )> scambria@...

      W. <blocked::http://www.dckids.org/> www.dckids.org

      Effective June 1, the DC Healthy Families program has expanded to include
      children with income levels up to 300 percent of the federal poverty level.
      This is one step closer to obtaining universal health coverage in the
      District, which can significantly improve the health and well-being of our
      children. Visit <blocked::http://www.dckids.org/getinvolved/>
      http://www.dckids.org/getinvolved/ to learn more.