Assistance Requested

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2014
      Neighbors, the National Weather Service is calling for some of the coldest temperatures that we have seen in Washington D.C. for quite some time. With that being said, I am going to ask for your help in looking after some of our less fortunate residents. Please be on the look out for the elderly, others that may not have heat, those that do not have a roof over their heads, and our pets. If you know a neighbor without heat or if you run across a homeless person and they need assistance please call our hypothermia hotline at (202) 399-7093 or 1 (800) 535-7252 to get them the needed aid. Also, please don't forget to bring all of your pets indoors. As a team we can remain vigilant and ensure that the less fortunate can endure the coming cold weather. Thank you for your assistance.

      Cathy L. Lanier
      Chief of Police
    • Debbie Steiner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2014
        Anytime, when You are a high ranking official, taking personal time to send out a message of outreach and compassion for the community at large, that speaks volume.

        Triumph is only a word when it lacks moral and honest substance.

        On Jan 2, 2014, at 10:03 PM, "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...> wrote:

        Neighbors, the National Weather Service is calling for some of the coldest temperatures that we have seen in Washington D.C. for quite some time. With that being said, I am going to ask for your help in looking after some of our less fortunate residents. Please be on the look out for the elderly, others that may not have heat, those that do not have a roof over their heads, and our pets. If you know a neighbor without heat or if you run across a homeless person and they need assistance please call our hypothermia hotline at (202) 399-7093 or 1 (800) 535-7252 to get them the needed aid. Also, please don't forget to bring all of your pets indoors. As a team we can remain vigilant and ensure that the less fortunate can endure the coming cold weather. Thank you for your assistance.

        Cathy L. Lanier
        Chief of Police

      • khenderson029
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2014
          Dear Chief Lanier:

          Your request underscores what my community typically does to assist our elderly and vulnerable residents. We heed the call and urge all of our neighbors to do the same. We are a team!

          Kathy Henderson, 5D05
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          From: "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com