RE: [Brookland] CRASH #1: 13th & Franklin ST NE

  • Max Bentovim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2014
      As it happens, I just received notice from DDOT that my formal request for any kind of traffic calming measures in that area was really an "enforcement" issue and therefore these concerns should be directed to MPD.

      -Max at 12th & Franklin

      Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

      On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM, John Guay <john@...> wrote:

      This can all be addressed with speed/red light cameras.  Every day walking down Michigan Ave., where I live, asshats speed up to 60-70 mph to make the light at South Dakota and Mich.  I always hope they do wipe out, and badly.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2014
        Is there anyone on this list that can tell me how I can file a FORMAL COMPLAINT with the city regarding not having DDOT or and local govt officials get back to me with regard to my ongoing request for Traffic calming measures and to have the NO THRU TRUCKS over 1-¼ Sign put up?

        I am being ignored and want some movement on this. The commercial truck problem is growing worse by the day. These vehicles need to be rerouted to Rhode Island Ave. This is a NEIGHBORHOOD not a COMMERCIAL ZONE. Anyone with info on how to proceed please contact me off the list.

        DDOT and DC GOVT: We are highly disappointed by your non-action related to a matter that is important to the people who live in this area. Perhaps if your local govt were to allow Huge Commercial Vehicles down the streets where you live, disrupting not only your safety but ability to speak inside your own home from the noise, you might be inclined to take action.

        Elise
        13th

        On Jan 1, 2014, at 8:26 AM, Brooklander13 <brooklander13@...> wrote:

[...]

        <Jan1.jpg>