12.28.13 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
Contact: Saray Leon 202-727-4383
December 28, 2013
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Listed below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
· Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at approximately 8:13 pm, a complainant reports that while inside an establishment located in the 400 block of 8th Street, SE, a suspect entered the establishment, grabbed the register which contained an undetermined amount of US currency, and fled. An adult male was arrested for Robbery of an Establishment.
· Sunday, December 22, 2013, at approximately 3:18 am, a complainant reports that while in the area of Adams Mill Road and Calvert Street, NW, three suspects assaulted him and took his property. An adult male was arrested for Robbery Force and Violence. There is an active lookout for two black males, one wearing a fitted baseball hat and the other wearing dark clothing.
· Monday, December 23, 2013, at approximately 11:30 pm, a complainant reports that while in the 1400 block of T Street, NW, two suspects approached her, brandished a handgun, and took her purse. Two juvenile males were arrested for Robbery while Armed.
· Sunday, December 22, 2013, at approximately 1:21 am, a complainant reports that while in the 4800 block of Kansas Avenue, NW, he was approached by a male suspect armed with a handgun, who announced a robbery. Taken were a cell phone, wallet, and US currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery while Armed.
· Monday, December 23, 2013, at approximately 12:27 pm, complainants report that while inside an establishment located in the 3500 block of 14th Street, NW, they were approached by a male suspect who reached over the counter, took an undetermined amount of US currency, and fled. An adult male was arrested for Robbery of an Establishment (Snatch).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.
Look out for those in need this winter. When the temperature or wind chill is 32°F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. For assistance during an Alert, call the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311.