Fwd: [brentwooddc] Northeast Performing Arts Group's 23rd Annual Candlelight Memorial Vigil and Rally - December 31, 2013

  • Debbie Steiner
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2013

      Triumph is only a word when it lacks moral and honest substance.

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Northeast Performing Arts Group NE Outreach Youth Center <nepag2@...>
      Date: December 26, 2013 at 11:18:40 PM EST
      To: "neperformingartsgroup1@..." <neperformingartsgroup1@...>
      Subject: [brentwooddc] Northeast Performing Arts Group's 23rd Annual Candlelight Memorial Vigil and Rally - December 31, 2013

      YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED!

      The Northeast Performing Arts Group will host a candlelight vigil in memory of youth victims that were killed through homicide on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM in the parking lot of the NE Outreach Youth Center (3431 Benning Road NE).

      For the past 23 years we have been holding this memorial vigil and rally, hoping that each one will be our last. We are driven to send a message of hope and peace for the future and the lives of our youth living in Washington, DC. by coming  together in peace and praying for the lives lost on the streets to homicide.

      Participants in the vigil will light a candle to commemorate each of the young people ages 0‐25 that have been killed in the District this year. The victim count goes back to zero ʺoʺ at midnight, as though these young people are forgotten statistics, last year’s news. Who is thinking about the victims and the families?

      Your attendance is necessary, on January 1, 2014 the count goes back to 0 and the homicide victims will no longer be a statistic. Help make a difference, The senseless killings must STOP. What could happen, if the more than 200 victim’s families over the past years were called together? There would be a movement in this city, “A Youth Life Movement”.

      Come Join US! Youth, community groups, churches, families and concerned individuals, TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. For additional information or to support the Northeast Performing Arts Group please contact (202) 388-1274 or email neperformingartsgroup1@...

      Sincerely,

      Carrington Lassiter
      Program Director

      Northeast Performing Arts Group
      NE Outreach Youth Center
      3431 Benning Road, N.E.
      Washington, D.C. 20019
      Website: www.nepag.org

      “Celebrating 34 Years of Excellence in the Arts & Community Service”
      1979 - 2013