Smoke Alarm Utilization and Verification Program (SAVU)

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
      FYI FOR THE 5D COMMUNITY

      Smoke Alarm Utilization and Verification Program (SAVU)

      The Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department is committed to the
      safety of District residents. If you are a Washington DC resident and
      you would like to have a free smoke alarm installed in your home, please
      call our Fire Prevention division at (202) 727-1600. Leave your contact
      information, including name, address and phone number after the recorded
      message. Residents can also request a smoke alarm online using the Smoke
      Detector Request Form
      <http://fems.dc.gov/fems/cwp/view,a,3,q,640923.asp> or visit their
      nearest fire station
      <http://fems.dc.gov/fems/cwp/view,a,3,q,526088,femsNav,|31511|.asp> .

      THE KICK OFF SITE: Engine Company 10, 1100 block of Orren Street NE 9:30
      AM

      They plan to inspect and install smoke detectors in the following areas

      1100 – 1400 Block of Trinidad Street NE

      1100 – 1400 Block of Orren Street NE

      1100 – 1400 Block of Staples Street NE

      1100 – 1400 Block of Holbrook Street NE

      1800 – 2000 Block of Gallaudet Street NE

      1800 Block of Fenwick Street NE

      1800 Block of Providence Street NE

      1700 - 1800 Block of Central Avenue NE

      1800 Block of Kendall Street NE

      1800 Block of Corcoran Street NE

      1100 Block of Mt Olivet Road NE

      1800 – 1900 Block of Capitol Avenue NE

      1800 – 1900 Block of West Virginia Avenue NE

      2100 – 2200 Block of S Street NE

      2100 – 2400 Block of Rand Street

      2100 – 2200 Block of R Street NE

      1700 Block of 24th Street NE

      Fayette Vaughn-Lee

      5D Community Outreach Coordinator

      202 698-0188

      202 698-0112

    • arodeojock@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
        Thanks Fayette. I'll have to work on getting my part of the neighborhood on the list for the next round!
      • Matt Ashburn
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
          My skreet's not on there either; can you work on getting my block added too,
          Patrick?

          Matt

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
            I will do what I can. In the meantime go to the link in the original message. I put in my address. I think they'll contact you and come and install them. We'll see.