construction taking up parking past permit 1800 block of North Capitol, NW

  • Katie Fullenkamp
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2013
      There's been construction work on the apartment building next door to me off and on (off for the last few months). They had an emergency no parking sign up for most of the 1800 North Capitol, NW block during this time. The parking restrictions were listed as until 3:30 pm, yet the dumpster, etc have been there 24 hours for months.

      The sign expired entirely last weekend, but there is still a large dumpster, fencing, yellow tape, and barrels blocking the street parking.

      We called 311, but nothing has happened and we have heard nothing back. Is there someone I can contact directly? Can the police ticket or fine the company?

      Sorry if this has nothing to do with the police, but unsure who to contact.

      Thank you,

      Katie Fullenkamp
    • Debbie Steiner
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 26, 2013
        Please contact DDOT's Public Space Division

        "It's better to make a deal with a smart enemy than to be loved and embraced by a dumb friend."

                     Kirkland James Reed

        On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:05 PM, "Katie Fullenkamp" <katie.fullenkamp@...> wrote:

        There's been construction work on the apartment building next door to me off and on (off for the last few months). They had an emergency no parking sign up for most of the 1800 North Capitol, NW block during this time. The parking restrictions were listed as until 3:30 pm, yet the dumpster, etc have been there 24 hours for months.

        The sign expired entirely last weekend, but there is still a large dumpster, fencing, yellow tape, and barrels blocking the street parking.

        We called 311, but nothing has happened and we have heard nothing back. Is there someone I can contact directly? Can the police ticket or fine the company?

        Sorry if this has nothing to do with the police, but unsure who to contact.

        Thank you,

        Katie Fullenkamp

      • Griffin, Randy (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2013

          The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is the agency that has oversight of restricted parking regarding construction or excavation related activities.

          Each

          One Give One!
          Help the DC ONE FUND reach our One City DC One Fund goal of $1 million dollars to provide much needed support to so many in our region.  Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov