Announcing the “Light Up the Night” Summer of Safety Poster Contest Winners

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      Good Morning 5D Community,

      Please join us on August 2, 2007, to celebrate with the youngsters
      at the Fifth District Summer of Safety Camp, to announce the contest
      winners. The Metropolitian Police Department, Fifth
      District "Youth -4- Success" Summer of Safety Campers worked
      diligently on their posters during the summer. They would like to
      share their finished posters, which illustrate how we can keep our
      neighborhoods safe "everyday from dusk to dawn" by putting on
      outside porch lights in the front and back of our houses, apartment
      buildings and stores. Please plan to join us.

      The program starts at 10:00 am.

      Location: The Fifth District, Youth 4 Success SOS Camp,
      John F. Cooke Elementary School 30 P Street, NW WDC

      Time: 10:00am-12:30pm

      10:00am program Presentation of savings bonds to winners by the
      Light up the Night Coalition. Winning poster designs (prints) will
      be presented to Chief Lanier (or representative); Assistant Chief
      Jordan; Commander Greene; Ward Five Councilmember Thomas; School
      Chancellor Ms. Michelle Rhee (or representative);VP, National Crime
      Prevention Council; ANC Commissioner Kris Hammond and McGruff by the
      campers

      11:00am Lunch for children

      Noon: Ice Cream Social for children and guests provided by the Light
      up the Night Coalition

      Contact: Fayette Vaughn-Lee, 5D Community Outreach
      Coordinator
      202 698-0188 or 202 497-0814
      fayette.vaughn-lee@...
    • Kris Hammond
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hello,

        Thank you for hosting this event tomorrow, I wish I could attend. Unfortunately, I previously scheduled an important appointment that morning. Please accept my regrets for nonattendance and send my congratulations to the contest winners.

        However, Vice Chair John Salatti has informed me that he will be present at the event to represent ANC 5C.

        Best,

        Kris Hammond
        Commissioner, 5C-02
        ANC 5C Liaison to MPD

        mpd5d_coordinator <Fayette.Vaughn-Lee@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
          Thank you ANC Commissioner Hammond, I spoke to John and he can attend
          and accept the posters from the children on behalf of the ANC
          Fayette

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
            Ms. Lee,
            I write to obviously introduce myself on the occasion of the event referred in the correspondence listed below. Since the activity is staged in SMD 5C01, my commission area, it would have been great to receive your call regarding the event. Perhaps you do not have a contact number for me -- it is 202-550-0619. Please, in the future do not leave me out-of-the-loop on matters of public safety. While I am not a new comer that may be viewed with great excitement by some, nevertheless, I am a longstanding community member, activist, etc. and one who works to maintain very positive dealings with area police.
            Sincerely,
            Anita Bonds