Homicide Occurred within the Fifth Police District

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2013

      The Metropolitan Police Department's Violent Crime Branch is actively investigating a Homicide which occurred just after 1:00 AM this morning in the Unit Block of Florida Avenue, NW, within the Fifth Police District.

      Fifth Police District Units patrolling this area heard gunshots and observed a dark vehicle driving away from the scene.  While units followed this vehicle, additional units were directed to the Gas Station lot in the Unit Block of Florida Avenue, NW and located two adult males suffering from gunshot wounds.  Both were transported from the scene by DCFEMS to local area hospitals for treatment.  One of the victims was pronounced dead a short time later.

      Occupants of the dark vehicle were stopped and are considered persons of interest.

      Should you, or anyone you know, be a witness to, or hear information concerning this Homicide, we ask that you contact the Metropolitan Police Department's Command Information Center on 202-727-9099 immediately.

      The Fifth Police District and members of the Violent Crimes Branch are working around the clock in an attempt to bring closure to this Homicide and all crimes of violence.  We ask that you be our partner in the community and report to us all information, no matter how small or inconsequential you might believe it to be.  Again, please contact us immediately on

      202-727-9099.

      Mark Beach
      Assistant Patrol District Commander
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 BeachBerry
      202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      "Commitment to Excellence"

      Serve DC is proud to present NeighborGood, a new, free tool to help residents engage in meaningful service and connect with the causes and organizations they care about. Visit NeighborGood at http://serve.dc.gov/service/neighborgood

    • Vonetta Dumas
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2013
        Good work, this is excellent news that persons were detained.  I hope these suspect are found indeed the guilty.

        Thanks 5D for being alert and working towards keeping our streets safe.

        Commissioner Vonetta Dumas, 5D02
        Vonetta5d02@...

        Please excuse any misspellings/ odd words. My iPhone thinks it is smarter than I am.