Prescription Drug Take-Back Day?
- View SourceWill the MPD-5D station on Bladensburg Road be participating in the National Prescription Drug Take-Back day on Saturday, October 26th? I know that it has in the past, and the DEA website for the event lists it as a participant, but I'd like to get a direct confirmation from MPD-5D themselves.
- View Source
Hello there, yes. The Fifth District and all MPD District stations are participating in the Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday. Here is the notice that we posted on the listserv last week.
Director, Office of Communications
Metropolitan Police Department
300 Indiana Avenue, NW, Room 5130
Washington, DC 20001
From: Press, MPD (MPD)
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 6:56 PM
Subject: FW: National Prescription Drug Take-Back
Contact: Gwendolyn Crump 202-727-4383
October 18, 2013
National Prescription Drug Take-Back
(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department is participating in the Drug Enforcement Administration’s National Prescription Drug Take-Back Initiative on Saturday October 26, 2013. The Initiative is intended to remove potentially dangerous controlled substances and other unused, unwanted and unneeded pharmaceuticals from homes. The Initiative provides a unified opportunity for the public to surrender pharmaceuticals, controlled substances and other medications to law enforcement officers for destruction.
According to the 2011 Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), twice as many Americans regularly abused prescription drugs than the number of those who regularly used cocaine, hallucinogens, heroin, and inhalants combined. That same study revealed more than 70 percent of people abusing prescription pain relievers got them through friends or relatives, a statistic that includes raiding the family medicine cabinet.
On Saturday, October 26, 2013, from 10 am to 2 pm, unused prescription drugs can be dropped off for disposal at the following locations:
• 1st District: 101 M Street, SW
• 1st District Substation: 500 E St SE
• 2nd District: 3320 Idaho Avenue, NW
• 3rd District: 1620 V Street, NW
• 4th District: 6001 Georgia Avenue, NW
• 4th District Substation: 750 Park Road, NW
• 5th District: 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
• 6th District: 100 42nd Street, NE
• 7th District: 2455 Alabama Avenue, SE
• Wisconsin Baptist Church, 3920 Alton Place, NW
Serve DC is proud to present NeighborGood, a new, free tool to help residents engage in meaningful service and connect with the causes and organizations they care about. Visit NeighborGood at http://serve.dc.gov/service/neighborgood
Will the MPD-5D station on Bladensburg Road be participating in the National Prescription Drug Take-Back day on Saturday, October 26th? I know that it has in the past, and the DEA website for the event lists it as a participant, but I'd like to get a direct confirmation from MPD-5D themselves.