Re: [MPD-5D] Daily Crime Report - 5D

  • Ann Bowers-Evangelista
    Message 1 of 3221 , Oct 5, 2013
      Thank you, Sgt. Dorrough. My apologies for assuming those two incidents happened around the same time. We happen to live close to the site of the armed robbery,  and were wondering of the details of that. We also learned last night that around 2 AM yesterday morning, Oct. 4, a man was entering our front window, which had been open a few inches. Two other windows close by were closed and locked.  Fortunately, he was confronted by a neighbor before he could make good on gaining full entry into the house. The neighbor described him as a black male, mid to late 20s, with dreadlocks. I am unsure of height or build.

      I echo your warning about keeping windows and doors closed and locked at all times. We learned a very valuable and scary lesson!

      On Saturday, October 5, 2013, Dorrough, Jonathan (MPD) wrote:

      Ann,

      I assume you're referring to the Burglaries on R St. and Q St.?

      The burglary on R St. occurred overnight, between the hours of 11pm and 6:30am. It was reported at 10am.
      An unknown subject entered an unlocked front window and stole a computer. There is no report of a weapon.

      The burglary on Q St. occurred at 11:20am when two suspects entered the rear of a location that is apparently under construction. A handgun was brandished the workers on the site were robbed. The suspects made good their escape, but the stolen items were recovered nearby. Lookout is for two black males, 25-28 years old: one tall and thin with long hair, black shirt, blue pants; the other short and medium build with short hair and a goatee, white T, blue pants.

      At this time there is no indication these two unfortunate events are related. If anyone has any information regarding either of these events, please call 202-727-9099, you can remain anonymous.

      A reminder to please lock your windows and doors, even when you're home. Also, keep an eye on your back alleys. Please report any suspicious, out-of-place persons or activity by dialing 911. Trust your gut, you could prevent one of your neighbors from being victimized, or you could have information that helps us close a case.

      Also a note on how we label crimes:
      Theft is if something is stolen.
      Robbery is if something is stolen FROM A PERSON.
      Burglary is if something is stolen FROM A BUILDING. (Or if someone breaks into a building to comit any crime.)
      1st Degree Burglary (B1) is if it involves a residence and a occupant is home. 2nd Degree is any other building.

      Sergeant Jon Dorrough
      Metropolitan Police Department
      Washington, D.C.
      Fifth District

      New, expanded library hours start Oct. 1.  More hours for story time.  More hours for community meetings.  More hours to use free computers.  Check out the library's new hours at dclibrary.org/newhours.

      Message 3221 of 3221 , Aug 23, 2015

        PSA: 501
        CCN: 15130824
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 11:03
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 100 - 199 BLOCK OF SEATON PLACE NW
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 08/22/2015 00:01
        END DT: 08/22/2015 11:00
        PSA: 501
        CCN: 15130927
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 14:49
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK:
        LOCATION:
        START DT: 08/22/2015 13:30
        END DT: 08/22/2015 13:59
        PSA: 501
        CCN: 15131007
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 16:48
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 2 - 99 BLOCK OF P STREET NW
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 08/22/2015 13:00
        END DT: 08/22/2015 16:48
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15130634
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 01:33
        OFFENSE: Robbery
        METHOD: Robbery
        BLOCK: 2800 - 2999 BLOCK OF CHANNING STREET NE
        LOCATION: Sidewalk
        START DT: 08/22/2015 01:10
        END DT: 08/22/2015 01:13
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15130777
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 08:46
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 2000 - 2099 BLOCK OF JACKSON STREET NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 08/21/2015 17:00
        END DT: 08/22/2015 08:30
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15130786
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 09:24
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft 2 F/Auto: Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories
        BLOCK: 2000 - 2199 BLOCK OF TAYLOR STREET NE
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 08/21/2015 07:45
        END DT: 08/21/2015 20:00
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15130840
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 11:19
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 2200 - 2299 BLOCK OF KEARNY STREET NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 08/21/2015 11:19
        END DT: 08/22/2015 10:19
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15131157
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 23:34
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 3000 - 3133 BLOCK OF RHODE ISLAND AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Convenience Store
        START DT: 08/22/2015 23:12
        END DT: 08/22/2015 23:15
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15130610
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 01:45
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1800 - 2299 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Public
        START DT: 08/22/2015 01:31
        END DT: 08/22/2015 01:31
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15130684
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 03:19
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1500 - 1699 BLOCK OF MONTANA AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 08/22/2015 01:53
        END DT: 08/22/2015 03:19
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15130867
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 11:56
        OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
        METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
        BLOCK: 900 - 999 BLOCK OF RHODE ISLAND AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Customer Area
        START DT: 08/22/2015 11:49
        END DT: 08/22/2015 11:53
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15131000
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 22:40
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 2300 - 2499 BLOCK OF WASHINGTON PLACE NE
        LOCATION: Convenience Store
        START DT: 08/22/2015 16:55
        END DT: 08/22/2015 17:05
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15131026
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 17:47
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2 (Theft F/Building)
        BLOCK: 1000 - 1111 BLOCK OF BRENTWOOD ROAD NE
        LOCATION: Convenience Store
        START DT: 08/22/2015 17:40
        END DT: 08/22/2015 17:46
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15131066
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 22:00
        OFFENSE: Assault W/Dangerous Weapon
        METHOD: Adw -- Gun
        BLOCK: 1500 - 1521 BLOCK OF ADAMS STREET NE
        LOCATION: Alley
        START DT: 08/22/2015 18:00
        END DT: 08/22/2015 18:25
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15131141
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 22:28
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 1250 - 1399 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Shelter-Mission/Homeless
        START DT: 08/22/2015 19:30
        END DT: 08/22/2015 20:00
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15130579
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 00:20
        OFFENSE: Assault W/Dangerous Weapon
        METHOD: Adw -- Gun
        BLOCK: 1344 - 1385 BLOCK OF FLORIDA AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Sidewalk
        START DT: 08/22/2015 00:10
        END DT: 08/22/2015 00:15
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15130651
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 02:30
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1 - 99 BLOCK OF PATTERSON STREET NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 08/21/2015 23:30
        END DT: 08/22/2015 02:11
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15130771
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 08:24
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1 - 99 BLOCK OF PATTERSON STREET NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 08/21/2015 19:00
        END DT: 08/22/2015 08:20
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15130796
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 09:35
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 1
        BLOCK: 100 - 199 BLOCK OF N STREET NE
        LOCATION: Sidewalk
        START DT: 08/22/2015 09:00
        END DT: 08/22/2015 09:15
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15130972
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 15:27
        OFFENSE: Robbery
        METHOD: Assault W/Intent To Rob
        BLOCK: 1301 - 1329 BLOCK OF WEST VIRGINIA AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Construction Site
        START DT: 08/22/2015 15:15
        END DT: 08/22/2015 15:20
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15131062
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 19:00
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2 (Theft F/Building)
        BLOCK: 1301 - 1398 BLOCK OF 2ND STREET NE
        LOCATION: Convenience Store
        START DT: 08/22/2015 18:30
        END DT: 08/22/2015 18:35
        PSA: 507
        CCN: 15130716
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 04:50
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Shoplifting
        BLOCK: 2500 - 2525 BLOCK OF BENNING ROAD NE
        LOCATION: Convenience Store
        START DT: 08/22/2015 04:17
        END DT: 08/22/2015 04:18
        PSA: 507
        CCN: 15131167
        RPT DATE: 08/22/2015 23:38
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK:
        LOCATION: Taxi-Cab
        START DT: 08/22/2015 23:18
        END DT: 08/22/2015 23:36

        KEY:

        OFFENSE - Crime Classification.

        BLOCK - Block where the crime occurred.

        START DT - Earliest datetime the incident could have occurred.

        END DT - Latest datetime the incident could have occurred.

        ADW - Assault With A Deadly Weapon

        F&V - Force and Violence

        PBS - Pocketbook Snatch

        P/P - Pickpocket