10.4.13 TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Race for Every Child
Contact: Officer A.B Clay (202) 727-4383
October 4, 2013
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Race for Every Child
On Saturday, October 5, 2013, the Race for Every Child will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration.
The staging area will be on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW from 12th Street to 14th Street, NW and 13th Street, NW from E Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. It will be closed from 2:00 am until 5:00 pm. The Race start time will be from 8:30 am to 11:00 am at which time the roadways mentioned below will be closed to traffic.
Route will begin and end at 12th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.
- East on Pennsylvania Avenue towards 3rd Street, NW
- South on 3rd Street to D street, SW
- West on D street to 4th Street, SW
- North on 4th to Independence Avenue, SW
- West on Independence Avenue to 7th Street, SW (turn around)
- East on Independence Avenue to 3rd Street, SW
- North on 3rd Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- West on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to the start/finish line.
For more information go to www.raceforeverychild.org/
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
New, expanded library hours start Oct. 1. More hours for story time. More hours for community meetings. More hours to use free computers. Check out the library's new hours at dclibrary.org/newhours.