Re: [MPD-5D] Re: [newhilleast] More "security" checks

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
      The same thing happened on L Street, The guy said he was from ADT. I called
      the police because he did not have any identification.

    • brianionk
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
        Anything can be an opportunity for criminal perps. The confidence level
        is naturally, "high" for security people and systems alike. Everything
        and everyone close to one's home, business and loved ones deserves
        special scrutiny. Here's a cautionary excerpt from an article on home
        security systems...

        A Cat Burglar's Guide to Protecting Your Home
        Walter Shaw
        reprinted from Bottom Line/Personal,
        September 1, 2003

        <URL:%20http://www.bottomlinesecrets.com/blpnet/article.html?article_id=\
        33836>

        I have spent most of my career stealing from people just like you. I was
        a member of the "Dinner Set" burglary ring for a dozen years. We stole
        about $70 million in jewelry -- for which I spent 11 years in prison. No
        one is better qualified to tell you that most people don't do enough to
        protect their homes...

        Mistake #2: Posting detailed alarm signs. Don't display signs that
        identify the alarm company. Burglars can buy information on how the
        systems are wired -- and how to bypass specific versions.

        Better: Buy signs at home-supply stores that read, This house is
        protected by an alarm system. As long as it doesn't give specific
        information, it can be a good deterrent.

        brian kerr
        on Newton / PSA 502

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
          The same two guys allegedly selling ADT systems returned to our neighborhood
          this past Saturday. I called the police again and the officers responded
          quickly to ascertain their real purpose in the neighborhood. I don't think they
          will visit this neighborhood again.