Re: [MPD-5D] Re: [newhilleast] More "security" checks

  • Rynecki
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
      Firstline appears to be a legitimate company
      http://www.getfirstline.com/index.asp

      Why they go door-to-door I have no idea.

      http://security.mattashburn.com/zm/events/5/92026/032-capture.jpg

      http://security.mattashburn.com/zm/events/5/92030/003-capture.jpg

      http://security.mattashburn.com/zm/events/5/92033/034-capture.jpg

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
        The same thing happened on L Street, The guy said he was from ADT. I called
        the police because he did not have any identification.

      • brianionk
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
          Anything can be an opportunity for criminal perps. The confidence level
          is naturally, "high" for security people and systems alike. Everything
          and everyone close to one's home, business and loved ones deserves
          special scrutiny. Here's a cautionary excerpt from an article on home
          security systems...

          A Cat Burglar's Guide to Protecting Your Home
          Walter Shaw
          reprinted from Bottom Line/Personal,
          September 1, 2003

          <URL:%20http://www.bottomlinesecrets.com/blpnet/article.html?article_id=\
          33836>

          I have spent most of my career stealing from people just like you. I was
          a member of the "Dinner Set" burglary ring for a dozen years. We stole
          about $70 million in jewelry -- for which I spent 11 years in prison. No
          one is better qualified to tell you that most people don't do enough to
          protect their homes...

          Mistake #2: Posting detailed alarm signs. Don't display signs that
          identify the alarm company. Burglars can buy information on how the
          systems are wired -- and how to bypass specific versions.

          Better: Buy signs at home-supply stores that read, This house is
          protected by an alarm system. As long as it doesn't give specific
          information, it can be a good deterrent.

          brian kerr
          on Newton / PSA 502

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
            The same two guys allegedly selling ADT systems returned to our neighborhood
            this past Saturday. I called the police again and the officers responded
            quickly to ascertain their real purpose in the neighborhood. I don't think they
            will visit this neighborhood again.