Re: [Brookland] Found Wallet of Phillip Johnson - MORE VIOLENCE!

  • racletteville@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2007
      Brooklanders,

      There was yet another mugging in Brookland last evening. Phillip Johnson was
      mugged while leaving the Metro station. He was followed by three teenage
      males who approached him near 10th and Monroe, pushed him down, punched him
      several times and stole his wallet out of his pocket. They apparently took the
      cash and credit cards from the wallet and left the wallet on the ground. They
      later charged a tank of gas at a gas station near PG Plaza. Phillip called the
      police who took a report.

      Bill

      P.S.: Has anyone seen the police patrolling the Metro station area lately?

      In a message dated 7/4/2007 6:57:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      thebengrimm+brookland@... writes:

      My wife has found the wallet of Phillip Johnson. We are in the process
      of turning it over to the police. The wallet was found at the cross
      section of 10/Monroe.

      Chris

    • Greene, Jennifer Cmdr. (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
        There have been three robberies in the Brookland Area. How each robbery
        happened has been similar. The suspects have run up behind the victim
        and say "Give me your money" at the same time they are pushing the
        victim to the ground. The suspects are described as black males, 17-25
        years of age. We have seen this pattern of robbery over the last
        several weeks. The detectives are working with the victims who can
        identify the suspects. PSA 502 has increased their patrols of the area
        and has contacted Metro Police to have them step up their patrol of the
        Brookland Station.

        If anyone has any information regarding these robberies they can call
        the Fifth District Detectives (202) 698-0660 or Lt. Gregory Stroud (202)
        698-0268