Thank You MPD

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16 8:29 AM
      We greatly appreciate the response of the brave women and men in the face of danger at the Navy Yard. Our prayers and condolences go out to the friends and family of the slain and injured. The officers that were shot placed their lives at risk to save others, underscoring front line bravery and we pray for their full recovery. We are very thankful to have one of the best trained police departments in the nation to respond to and effectively manage incidents such as this matter. May God bless all.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16 6:42 PM
        Thank you very much for your kind words of support, as always, Commissioner. In a tough time, your message is great to hear.

        I am incredibly proud of the work 5D did today alongside other MPD officers and working with the many different agencies that were at the scene.

        Commander Daniel Hickson led his First District officers in an outstanding response and our Fifth District officers were right with them.

        The MPD officer who was shot will be okay and our thoughts are with those who lost family and loved ones today at the Navy Yard.

        Andy Solberg
        Commander, 5D

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Sep 16, 2013, at 1:54 PM, "khenderson029@..." <khenderson029@...> wrote:

        We greatly appreciate the response of the brave women and men in the face of danger at the Navy Yard. Our prayers and condolences go out to the friends and family of the slain and injured. The officers that were shot placed their lives at risk to save others, underscoring front line bravery and we pray for their full recovery. We are very thankful to have one of the best trained police departments in the nation to respond to and effectively manage incidents such as this matter. May God bless all.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        DC Government hiring is going paperless! Beginning September 9th, all job applicants will submit online only!  Visit DCHR’s website for a list of job openings and more information on the transition to online applications.

      • khenderson029
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 17 5:45 AM
          Commander Solberg you are quite welcome. We are glad that we had experts to handle this matter and restore public safety. It is very hard to watch an event like this unfold on television; however, watching you all respond was amazing.

          From: "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:42:33 -0400
          To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Thank You MPD

[...]

          DC Government hiring is going paperless! Beginning September 9th, all job applicants will submit online only!  Visit DCHRx2019;s website for a list of job openings and more information on the transition to online applications.