Active Shooter Update

  • Foust, John (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
      Regarding the incident at the Navy Yard, Family members and friends looking for loved ones who work in or around the Washington Navy Yard facility SHOULD NOT approach the scene.

      A reunification center has been established at Nationals Stadium Parking Lot B, South Capitol & K St SE

      John T. Foust

      MPD

      DC Government hiring is going paperless! Beginning September 9th, all job applicants will submit online only!  Visit DCHR’s website for a list of job openings and more information on the transition to online applications.

    • Foust, John (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
        Please note the location for reunification is South Capital and N Street.  (not K street)

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
          We encourage everyone to be observant.  We are looking for two individualsPossibly Connected to the Shootings at Navy Yard.

          **Please use caution and do not approach them – these individuals should be considered armed and dangerous.**

          1)      Black male – 50 years old, carrying a long gun (rifle), wearing a drab olive military-style uniform

          2)      White male – carrying a hand gun, wearing a Navy-style khaki uniform (with a short-sleeved shirt), and wearing a beret-style hat

          As additional descriptions become available, we will inform you.  Please call MPD at 202.727.9099 if you have any further information regarding these individuals. Please call 911 if there is an emergency.

          John T. Foust
          Special Assistant
          Executive Office of the Chief of Police
          Metropolitan Police Department