Message from the Chief of Police

  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2007
      June 22, 2007

      http://newsroom.dc.gov/show.aspx/agency/mpdc/section/4/release/11350
      <http://newsroom.dc.gov/show.aspx/agency/mpdc/section/4/release/11350>

      Statement of Chief Cathy Lanier on the Expansion of MPDC's Liaison Units

      I intend to expand the reach of all specialized MPD Units. The Public
      Safety concerns of the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual and Transgender
      communities, along with the Latino and Asian communities extend beyond
      Northwest DC where each unit is currently headquartered. The District
      is fortunate to have a diverse population that is not clustered in any
      one segment of the city. People from all ethnicities reside in every
      ward, and deserve immediate access to services provided by the Gay and
      Lesbian Liaison Unit, the Latino Liaison Unit and the Asian Liaison
      Unit. Ultimately, the goal is to improve the means by which MPD meets
      the public safety needs of every resident who calls for service. I
      believe that with the input of the community, we can accomplish this
      goal. I look forward to meeting with the leaders of the GLBT, Latino
      and Asian communities to formulate a plan to expand MPD's specialized
      units in a way that will address the unique concerns of our diverse
      population.

      If you would like to learn more about upcoming community meetings, or to
      offer suggestions on the expansion of the units, please email
      mpdc.liaisonunits@... <mailto:mpdc.liaisonunits@...> , or call the
      following points of contact:

      * Gay and Lesbian Liaison Unit
      Sgt. Brett Parson, (202) 576-8222