[MPD-5D] Tagging

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2013
      Thank you very much for bringing this Tag to our attention.  Be advised that this information has been passed along to our Intelligence and Gang Unit.  The Tag reported is not a teen age prank and warrants immediate action.

      For those that do not know, "MS 13" stands or represents Mara Salvatrucha (commonly abbreviated as MS, Mara
      MS-13a criminal gang that originated in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay area.  Factions have been reported in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas of Fairfax County, Virginia, Montgomery County, Maryland, and Prince George's County, Maryland; Long Island, New York; the Boston, Massachusetts area; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Houston, Texas. There is also a presence of MS-13 now in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

      Should you see any graffiti that looks fresh (new), contact us immediately and post a photograph if at all possible. Attached is one example of a MS-13 Tag, and is not the one located in the 2200 block of Third Street, NE.

      Mark Beach
      Assistant Patrol District Commander
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District