Reminder Notice Fifth District Open House

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2007
      Good Afternoon 5D Community,

      Just a reminder, see you Saturday for the Fifth District Open House, We
      are lucky to have our very own Chef Bernard to help us out - so you know
      the food will be good. [:x] The DC Lottery Board will be on hand to
      facilitate our games, and the children seem to be already lining up for
      the moon bounce [:o)] . –So don't be late, arrive early for the
      best seats

      Mark you Calendars, tell a Neighbor, See you here.

      Fayette

      METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
      REGIONAL OPERATIONS COMMAND-CENTRAL
      FIFTH DISTRICT

      May 23, 2007

      Fifth District Community

      PSA 501-505

      Dear Community Member:

      On Saturday, June 9th the Metropolitan Police Department, Fifth District
      will sponsor an Open House. Our theme will be, "Working Together
      for a Safer Community." We urge you to come and see the Fifth
      District in action and join us for a day of fun.

      The Fifth District comprises of five (5) Police Service Areas: 501 thru
      505.

      The geographical boundaries are Eastern Avenue NE to Michigan Avenue NE;
      Michigan Avenue NE to Park Place NW; Park Place NW to New Jersey Avenue
      NW and New York Avenue NE to Benning Road NE. We have several shopping
      plazas, including one on Rhode Island Avenue, which house not only The
      Home Depot, Giant Food store and A.J. Wright, but many other stores as
      well. The Fifth District Station is located next to the National
      Arboretum on Bladensburg Road, NE.

      The Fifth District is home to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Liaison Unit,
      established the Latch Key Seniors Program. The officers make visits to
      area schools and recreation centers implementing workshops on safety,
      conflict resolutions and a skit called "stranger danger". The
      Fifth District sponsors holiday events such as: a Halloween Haunted
      House, distribution of Thanksgiving Baskets and our annual Christmas
      Party, which includes under privileged families receiving toys.

      The event begins at 12:00 noon and continues until 4:00pm. It will
      include tours of the Fifth District, informational displays, a moon
      bounce, senior games, music, food and much more.

      We hope that you will be able to join us. If you have any questions,
      please feel free to call us at 202-698-0188.

      Sincerely,

      Fayette Vaughn-Lee
      Barbara A. Robinson

      Fayette Vaughn-Lee
      Barbara A. Robinson

      Community Outreach Coordinator Community
      Outreach Officer