Schools in DC are open!

  • 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26 3:18 AM

      Good Morning 5D Community,

      Obey the School Zone speed limit of 15 mph when school is in session and children are present.

      Share with Your Friends, Tell Your Neighbors, Print out tips to give information to other Motorist

                                               Safety Tips for Motorists

      Pay attention to the bus's flashing warning lights and mechanical "stop sign arm."

      Make a complete stop when the bus's warning lights are flashing, or the stop sign arm comes out. Do not proceed until the arm is lowered and the lights stop flashing.

      Lower your driving speed around schools and especially where children are loading and unloading from buses and cars.

      Share the road with the yellow bus.

      Obey the School Zone speed limit of 15 mph when school is in session and children are present.

      For additional Information see

      http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/203212

      5D Community Outreach

    • khenderson029
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26 6:28 AM
        There are many reasons to celebrate the opening of our schools. For public safety purposes I will mention just one. Children need reasonable boundaries to help guide them into responsible adulthood. I encourage everyone to embrace and help to enforce the curfew.

        Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        From: "5D Community Outreach Coordinator" <Fayette.Vaughn-Lee@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:18:01 -0000
        To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [MPD-5D] Schools in DC are open!

[...]

      • Wendy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26 6:32 AM

          What time is the curfew?

          Sent from my nifty Galaxy SIIII !!!

          From: "5D Community Outreach Coordinator" <Fayette.Vaughn-Lee@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:18:01 -0000
          To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

        • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26 6:42 AM

            Until the end of August it is 12am, starting in September it is 11pm Sunday though Thursday, on Friday it goes back to 12am.

            Lt. Corinne Hughes

            March with the DC delegation and join the pre-March rally for DC rights at the August 24th 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington. Check out marchondc50.dc.gov for full event details.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 26 6:54 AM

              Cool!